An after moult stroll

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well one of our many moults this week was our Lasidora parahybana, Willy.
Who decided to mangle her shed so kindly so that I couldn't take a peek to see if She is actualy a She...
But I'll grab the next one if I have to use a whip and chair..
Anyway.
Willy decided to be kind enough to take a nice stroll outside her burrow for me to get a few pictures.
She's about 2-1/2 to 3 inches now. :)

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And one more.
The white stuff on her is substrate dust from her excivations to venture out of her burrow.

Attachments

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Well one of our many moults this week was our Lasidora parahybana, Willy.
Who decided to mangle her shed so kindly so that I couldn't take a peek to see if She is actualy a She...
But I'll grab the next one if I have to use a whip and chair..
Anyway.
Willy decided to be kind enough to take a nice stroll outside her burrow for me to get a few pictures.
She's about 2-1/2 to 3 inches now. :)
He/She is sure purdy Nixy

And you go girl...show em whose boss ;P

Jen

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Greaat pics, you Willy melted again! hehe! :)
How small was he when you first got him? how many times has he moulted in your care?
Good Luck!

James

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Sweet, Nixy!
I say female..mine ventured out of its subterranean warrens, just yesterday. I haven't seen mine since it was like1/4 inch. Needless to say, I was shocked. Must be a bit smaller than yours. Sadly, mine looks male..:(
Peace,
Gillian

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe, Thanks LunarFaery. I Shall,,,, overcome the three inch beast and wrest it's shed from it without fail next time... Yes, said beast will be bigger and I couldn't get it while the lil monster was in it's weakest state This time before she chomped it. But I Shall prevale!
All I need is a little rope, a tazar, some duct tape and someone that can wrestle her to the ground while I tippy toe in and snitch it...

Tarantula Lover she was a little brownish one incher when I got her. She's molted twice while we've had her.
And Yep.
Eden and Faith have had their moult parties and moult dances.
Willy melted willy melted!
Happy proud T mommies they are. :)

Gillian. (grins)
If Will Does turn into a Willamina after all. Maybe we can hook em up for a date if you still have your male.
:).
Willy comes out a lot but went into her burrow and sealed it up for a week before her molt.
Oddly she comes out more in the daytime then at night.

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Hehe, Thanks LunarFaery. I Shall,,,, overcome the three inch beast and wrest it's shed from it without fail next time... Yes, said beast will be bigger and I couldn't get it while the lil monster was in it's weakest state This time before she chomped it. But I Shall prevale!
All I need is a little rope, a tazar, some duct tape and someone that can wrestle her to the ground while I tippy toe in and snitch it...

OR you could try the sneaky approach...be waiting there for him/her with a drink...and tell him/her that after such a troubling and strenous ordeal that you brought him/her this cricket shake and knowing what suckers they are for crickys you know it wont be refused. Grab the molt and get the hell outta there before your found out ;)

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Nixy,
Agreed! You know, mine is out all the time in daylight..I think its reached the stay above ground stage...Very cute and frisky!
Peace,
Gillian

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice lookin parahybana Nixy!! Mine is in pre-molt now also. The difference is mine is about 8.5" now. Congrats on your molt!!!

Andy