Amphibious plants?

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Can anyone recommend some hardy plants that can survive both on land/water. Not exactly submerged, but also very wet soil in general. Preferably light requirements are on the lower end.

Thank you!

schmiggle

Arachnoking
That's a tough set of requirements. Most emergent plants like high light. Pothos and zz are pretty hardy though. Is this for a terrarium? Generally I'd recommend the zz, but they get too big for most terraria.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
That's a tough set of requirements. Most emergent plants like high light. Pothos and zz are pretty hardy though. Is this for a terrarium? Generally I'd recommend the zz, but they get too big for most terraria.
This is for a vivarium. To be more specific on the light requirements, think the standard leds provided for an aquarium hood.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
This is for a vivarium. To be more specific on the light requirements, think the standard leds provided for an aquarium hood.
Anubias maybe? Those lights aren't especially bright, but anubias sold in aquarium stores will be preadapted to that light level.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Anubias maybe? Those lights aren't especially bright, but anubias sold in aquarium stores will be preadapted to that light level.
Emersed Anubias seem to be a good fit, thanks!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Java moss will grow/creep out of the water and onto the land area a little. I like the look of that! Anthurium can handle a lot of water; as will Alocasia, pothos, fittonia, and waffle plant. A lot of plants can be found submersed in pet stores but are actually terrestrial plants and will not survive long term under water.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Java moss will grow/creep out of the water and onto the land area a little. I like the look of that! Anthurium can handle a lot of water; as will Alocasia, pothos, fittonia, and waffle plant. A lot of plants can be found submersed in pet stores but are actually terrestrial plants and will not survive long term under water.
Thank you, java moss was one of the plants I was looking for. Couldn’t remember its name for the life of me.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Thank you, java moss was one of the plants I was looking for. Couldn’t remember its name for the life of me.
I have some in my Fire Belly Toad set-up. It's a 20 long with water in the front and land in the back. All planted. The Java moss is on a log in the water angled up to the land and it started growing along the rock divider wall. Very cool!

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I have some in my Fire Belly Toad set-up. It's a 20 long with water in the front and land in the back. All planted. The Java moss is on a log in the water angled up to the land and it started growing along the rock divider wall. Very cool!
I have another thread up in the vivarium board about setting up a paludarium such as yours, think you could perhaps give your input over there?