American Tarantula Society 2011 Conference

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to the American Tarantula Societys 13th Annual Conference, July 21st to 24th. We are returning to the beautiful Hilton El Conquistadore Resort in Tucson, Arizona.

Check out our conference webpage for special room rates and to register. The sooner you register the more you save. Stay tuned for updates on speakers, field trips and other activities.

http://www.atshq.org/conference.htm

Following are a few pictures from last year.

Ollie Meidinger
Public Relations Officer
American Tarantula Society

The resort

Mom and a couple of kids

Field trip

Action in the Spider Mall

Beautiful lady

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thinking of going to the ats conference

But first I need to know all the thing I need to do to sign up. Like what do I need to pay for and stuff? On the ats page I saw the prices for sign up but what else do I need to do?

Nanchantress

ArachnoFriend
Old Timer
Which breeders going to 2011 ATS Conference?

Wondering which breeders will be represented at the conference. I've never been before but plan to go this year. Are there usually good deals to be made (i.e. special pricing)?

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They have not yet posted a list of dealers who will have booths set up, but they always have a "Spider Mall" with dealers and breeders selling arachnids, t-shirts, etc. Ken the Bug Guy is always there. Tarantula Inc. is generally there. I've gotten very decent deals from the dealers, and you may find individuals willing to trade. (I have.) The last evening of the show there is a raffle, and lots of animals and equipment get donated to the raffle.

In addition there are lectures, field trips and other events going on. Well worth attending.

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The conference is fast approaching and here's a few deadlines that you should be aware of:

The deadline to make your hotel reservation at the ATS group rate is JUNE 21!! That's only one week away. You can make your reservations here: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/pers ... .mc_id=POG

The deadline to pre-order your official conference shirt is JUNE 15. That's tomorrow!!!:eek: Order now to insure you get your size and you can choose an alternate color or style (not to mention save a few bucks)!

The deadline for advance registration is JUNE 30. After that, you must register in person at a higher price!

You can order your shirt and register here: http://www.atshq.org/conference.php

Hurry up and register, we want to see you ALL there this year.

Ollie

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Still got time to get to the ATS Conference folks. July 21 through July 24. It's going to be a monster! Tucson AZ is experiencing the monsoon rains which brings the desert alive. All kinds of great inverts to find.

MB623

Arachnoknight
Buying T's from conference

I was wondering if you have to pay $70 just to go in and buy T's from the conference? I just don't have time to attend the whole conference, and don't know if I can afford to drive down down there pay $70 and still buy the T's I was wanting. I'll end up spending $100 just to get there enter the place if you do have to pay $70, when that could easily buy me more T's or completely cover shipping. Someone please let me know.:wall:

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Spider Mall is open to the public on Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm. Admittance is free but donations are accepted.;)