American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
I'm up in New England for school, and used the long weekend as an opportunity to visit my younger brother and his girlfriend down on Long Island. Yesterday we took the train into the city and went to the AMNH. Luckily they had a special exhibit with live snakes and lizards on display! We caught it just in time, as today is the final day of the exhibit. Here are some pics that I took. Didn't have my good camera with me..

My brother and I...I'm the shorter one.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Very cool, I love the AMNH. I havent seen the live reptile stuff, put thanks for sharing the pics. Next time your on Long Island, or Manhattan let me know:cool:

Later, Tom

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Very cool, I love the AMNH. I havent seen the live reptile stuff, put thanks for sharing the pics. Next time your on Long Island, or Manhattan let me know:cool:

Later, Tom
Will do Tom. Not sure when I'll be back in the area though. I'm up in RI for a three week school then it's back to VA until I move from there to wherever I'm going next.

We were only in the city for a little bit. Went to the museum for a few hours then went across the street to this place that sells shakes and burgers (Shake Shack it might have been called?). After that we went to The Ginger Man near the Empire State Building to have some good beer, if you haven't been there and enjoy good beer, I highly recommend it! Somewhat expensive..then again what isn't in the city??

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing these!
I haven't been to AMNH in a few years..
Would love to see live reptiles there... going to check it out.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pictures! The pictures of the Gaboon Viper are cool really shows how they can blend in.

It's been nearly 10 years since I visited AMNH. I think it's time for another trip.....

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing these!
I haven't been to AMNH in a few years..
Would love to see live reptiles there... going to check it out.
Unfortunately, the exhibit was only temporary and we caught it on the second to the last day.

Great pictures! The pictures of the Gaboon Viper are cool really shows how they can blend in.

It's been nearly 10 years since I visited AMNH. I think it's time for another trip.....
Yea, it's always amazing to see how well they can blend in with a natural background despite their very distinct pattern.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Always wanted to have a reason to go to NYC...that amblypygid was HUGE!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cool pics!AMNH is so awesome!You almost can't even see everything in one day its so big.I got loads of pics when I visited but my lazy butt has still not edited them hehe!
-Chris

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
i cant see the pictures:'( it says upgrade to photobucket pro today because bandwidth is exceeded)':

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
damn-nice pictures! im glad you fixed it. somebody had a nice day at that place. it looks like you had loads of fun. grateful you uploaded them here. im wondering what that metal cluster is? can you explain or give the name for me to research?

Last edited:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Fantastic photos. I never get bored of the AMNH. Glad you got a taste of NYC!

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awww Mike, it was my pleasure! Next time you slum "down here", we can do it again.