Ambush Bugs

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has anyone ever tried keeping/raising Phymata spp? They’re so awesome looking. I wish they were as common as some of the other assassins.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think the main issue has been people getting them to lay eggs? Trying to remember what an assassin bug guy told me before.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I couldn't get my large WC nymphs to eat any of the small roach nymphs I offered them, small Parcoblatta and Pycnoscelus were both ignored. So I just released them. Breeding is supposedly another hurdle...

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I couldn't get my large WC nymphs to eat any of the small roach nymphs I offered them, small Parcoblatta and Pycnoscelus were both ignored. So I just released them. Breeding is supposedly another hurdle...
I've been wondering if you could get them to grow if you're offering flies? Basically things that would naturally come to flowers. I wonder if they have to have proper "cover" as well (fake flowers maybe?).

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I've been wondering if you could get them to grow if you're offering flies? Basically things that would naturally come to flowers. I wonder if they have to have proper "cover" as well (fake flowers maybe?).
I think people have used fruit flies for theirs in the past, so that might be the trick to it.