Amblypygid ID

Scorpmatt

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone I taken some photos of this beautiful beast. Is from Yucatán México.

I think is Phrynus mexicanus, but if I am wrong correct me please.

Saludos

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Not sure on the species but the genus looks like Paraphrynus sp. from what i gather looking at Banshee's pics :)

Scorpmatt

Arachnopeon
Not sure on the species but the genus looks like Paraphrynus sp. from what i gather looking at Banshee's pics :)
Is correct I searching in the literature, and is a Genus Paraphrynus because the spines on the pedipalps.

Now Paraphrynus (raptator) or (pococki) or (baeops) or new:?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well Michael will see this soon enough, I can't ID it. I just wanted to say that the pic is truly stunning. :clap:

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,
this species is of course a Paraphrynus spp., cause of the two smaller spines between the two longest (Phrynus spp. has here one spine) on the pedipalp tibia.
hmm it is not a mexicanus, not an aztecus. From that region P.chacmool and P. reddelli is known. SOme more species from whole Mexico.Mullinex 1975 also tells P.raptator for the Yucatan region. if you have clear pix of the pedipalp tarsus, this is the cutting edge with the cleaning organ, i can say if it is raptator, all other specie are not so easiely to tell via pix.

Scorpmatt

Arachnopeon
Hi,
this species is of course a Paraphrynus spp., cause of the two smaller spines between the two longest (Phrynus spp. has here one spine) on the pedipalp tibia.
hmm it is not a mexicanus, not an aztecus. From that region P.chacmool and P. reddelli is known. SOme more species from whole Mexico.Mullinex 1975 also tells P.raptator for the Yucatan region. if you have clear pix of the pedipalp tarsus, this is the cutting edge with the cleaning organ, i can say if it is raptator, all other specie are not so easiely to tell via pix.
No I don´t have more photos I find in the wild, but I try to find again one like these. do you know if this book (Weygoldt, P. 2000. Whip spiders (Chelicerata:Amblypygi). Their Biology,Morphology and Systematics) is in digital paper (pdf) Because I don´t find in Mexico.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
may you can preserve one species for me in alcohol. it is every time great to get species with exact locality.
about the book: this is not legal, but if you hvae the money and are realy interested: buy it. it is a great book and the one and only about whips :)

Scorpmatt

Arachnopeon
may you can preserve one species for me in alcohol. it is every time great to get species with exact locality.
about the book: this is not legal, but if you hvae the money and are realy interested: buy it. it is a great book and the one and only about whips :)
Oks I try to catch one again

And try to buy the book in amazon on another site =)

Thanks

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can only confirm it is a great book, I ordered it at Apollo Books, new, but a second hand one from Amazon should be cheaper.....