Amblypygi - whip spiders pictures

JordanC

Arachnopeon
As we talked about it some days ago, here is a Phrynus marginemaculatus spermatophore

Phrynus marginemaculatus spermatophore.jpg
0T8A2334.jpg

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am really happy to see that others start breeding all these creatures I spread out since MANY years. Most of the people are not able, and I do not why.
Great job, continue it!

JordanC

Arachnopeon
I will continue it for sure! I didn't know amblypygids before a friend gave me a baby Damon diadema six years ago, then i bought three adults and had my first breeding and since this time i totally fell in love with these aliens (as i like to call them). They became a real passion to me! I share a lot about them on social medias and around me, i developped a part on my website dedicated to them, i went to French Guiana earlier this year with the main goal to find and photograph Heterophrynus alces and longicornis (which i did, i should share some pics here one day), and i also got one tattooed.

And of course, a BIG thank you to you Michael for all the species you breed and sell, and for answering to my numerous questions! You are feeding my passion for these animals!

IMG_20200613_103047_968.jpg

One of my first pics of a Damon diadema with its babies

IMG_8714_2.jpg

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
your webpage, pictures and videos are amazing. We need to talk about some parts of that in future :)

I really happy that people like you started to keep and breed this creatures, and have the same passion. Keep on doing so.

JordanC

Arachnopeon
I hope you don't mind me "spamming" here!

Fresh molted female Damon medius with beautiful red spines!

0T8A2550.jpg

0T8A2544.jpg

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
haha no worry about, it may started as a "solo" thread, but as more and more lovers and keepers join, I happy to see other pictures as well.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
really great to see. Mine, since almost 20years in breeding, aren't working well right now...
do you have a coastal or cave form? Or otherwise, how do you keep them?

JordanC

Arachnopeon
How to tell about coastal or cave form?

I keep mine in plastic boxes or glass terrarium for the bigger and the pair. Between 24°C and 28°C, soil always humid and i'm doing vaporisations two or three times a week especially during this season.

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
Amazing pics! How do you care for Phrynus exsul since its locality differs from the other Ambly's you have?