Amblypygi hasn't eaten for over 6 weeks?

Blackbird

Arachnopeon
As the title suggests, my Damon boy Merlin hasn't eaten for over 6 weeks, likely even more than that. Hygrometer shows a consistent 80% and above, temperature is room temperature. I've considered premolt, and I know it can take a while but it's taken a really long time now and I'm starting to get worried. Attached images, does he look to be in premolt? I've also been worried that his enclosure doesn't have enough room for him to molt, but it shouldn't really be an issue. There are airholes in the top of his enclosure he can climb up to to hang upside down, but perhaps it just doesn't occur to him. Another possibility is prey sizing issue, I feed him adult Dubias and they are quite large, but so is he, and from what I've read it shouldn't be an issue, especially since he's taken them before. I've tried pre killing them as well, didn't work. He seems to be skittish around them. Alternatively he's simply not hungry? Last time I saw him eat he got blown up like a balloon, his abdomen about doubled in size. Any advice is very much appreciated, I love my little guy.

Attachments

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Wild caught male damon medius. Keep him extremely humid. I find that flooding the substrate works. Make sure that it’s humid enough that rhere’s condensation almost always. Leave him alone. Wild caught individuals require lots of moisture and little disturbance. He looks plump enough so wait a few days and toss in a cricket during night. If you ever see him on or near te floor, add more moisture. Do not ever let the enclosure dry out. Mine didn’t eat for 2 months after I got her.

Blackbird

Arachnopeon
Wild caught male damon medius. Keep him extremely humid. I find that flooding the substrate works. Make sure that it’s humid enough that rhere’s condensation almost always. Leave him alone. Wild caught individuals require lots of moisture and little disturbance. He looks plump enough so wait a few days and toss in a cricket during night. If you ever see him on or near te floor, add more moisture. Do not ever let the enclosure dry out. Mine didn’t eat for 2 months after I got her.
What makes you assume he's wild caught though? To be fair I don't know for sure, but I didn't get that impression from the seller, and if he is wild caught he's been living in captivity for quite a while. He usually prefers a spot close to the ground, even when the tank is just chock full of condensation? Also, I have seen him eat. I've had him for about 4 months, I have seen him eat about 2-3 times during this time. I also feed him Dubias, not crickets.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Almost, if not all, Damon medius are wild caught imports. I’ve barely heard of anyone who tried captive breeding them. He’s probably not hungry, based off of your pics he certainly looks a bit plump.