Amblypygi - Damon sp. ID Help

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hello!
maybe we have same experts here... my "gues" after seeing and taking the key was - Damon sp.cf.longispinatus
this species are from tanzania, and are about 10mm body lenght, so still not adult.

i am surely not an expert and it is realy hard to see all at the pix, i searched it with the microscop, but i cannot shot fotos with that, so i had to try like this... maybe you can help me.
thanks!

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That appears to be Damon sylvia although I don't know if they are from Tanzania; but it is definitley possible. I ID'd it using the picture key from:

Predini et al. 2005 Systematics of the Damon variegatus group of African whip spiders (Chelicerata: Amblypygi): Evidence from behaviour, morphology and DNA. Organisms, Diversity, and Evolution.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you have a link to this Key or is it stored on your computer?

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That appears to be Damon sylvia although I don't know if they are from Tanzania; but it is definitley possible. I ID'd it using the picture key from:

Predini et al. 2005 Systematics of the Damon variegatus group of African whip spiders (Chelicerata: Amblypygi): Evidence from behaviour, morphology and DNA. Organisms, Diversity, and Evolution.
hello
i also used this key...some lengths of the second and third sting of the pedipals are hard do compare. if they are still the same length or smaller...
what was your factors to say that? slylvia aren't common in tanzania (when we see just that sheet)

.... very difficult to say, cause the species aren't adult...

but thanks for the time.