Amazons!

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a new amazon tree boa on the way! It is my first and will be here wed! Im very excited about this one! He is a yellow one with a very reduced pink or peach pattern! cool ya?? Does any one have photos of there setups they use for these snakes! I am using a 30 gallon tank with lots of plants and pvc ladder works all through!

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No amazons, but here is my Corallus caninus (emerald tree boa) cage. It is a split cage, each side 24x24x21, due to space restrictions. I have other pictures, but this is all I have at work.

Front opening would be easier to work with. You should really enjoy the amazon though!

Last edited:

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice!! that is about what i have in mind only i am using an aquarium and have to modify accordingly!

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Amazons are really awesome snakes. We have four right now. One is in a 'naturalistic' display tank, the other three are in sterilite plastic tubs with perches installed. We used screws and/or pop rivets.

We got our first one about a year ago, a male that we named Barlow

This is Lilbit

Sally-

Her set up-

And out newest male. He doesn't have a name yet, suggestions?

And his set up.

My husband did something interesting with this one. We had a brand new piece of plexi-glass gathering dust, so he cut a window out of the plastic tub and 'welded' the plexi to the tub with a soldering iron. Now we have a nice viewing window, and the tub is translucent on three sides. Neat idea!

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
very nice snakes! I am so stoked to get mine he is all yellow! Ill get photos of him in his new home as soon as he gets here!

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes, you must post pictures!! I could look at ATBs all day long. I can't wait until summer when I can get ours out in the yard to take pictures in natural light. They are very nice photography subjects, even if you have to dodge a strike every now and then. Lilbit is the worst of the lot. Sally is the calmest of the bunch.

Do you know the weight of the snake you are getting?

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
AudreyElizabeth, I really like the newest male. They all look nice, but that one is awesome.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, you must post pictures!! I could look at ATBs all day long. I can't wait until summer when I can get ours out in the yard to take pictures in natural light. They are very nice photography subjects, even if you have to dodge a strike every now and then. Lilbit is the worst of the lot. Sally is the calmest of the bunch.

Do you know the weight of the snake you are getting?
no weight but he is 17 inches! just a baby! he is healthy eating and i saw photos!

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awesome. Can't wait to see pictures.

Have you checked out Amazon Alliance? That is a really fantastic forum for amazons.

BQC123- He is quite a looker, in that pic I posted he is pretty deep into the shed cycle.

I'm partial to Lilbit though. My husband brought her home from a show because he felt bad for her. She is missing a little bit of her tail lol. She has no trouble hanging on though, and I love her feisty attitude.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Got a nice female coming to! She is yellow with orange down her spine! She will be her wed also so pics coming soon! Hopefully!

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought you were referring to the female warriors from Greek mythology.

Anyway, congrats on getting the snake!

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought you were referring to the female warriors from Greek mythology.
If you get some of these, please post pictures too! I have not seen any for sale in years. Put me down for a couple.

Get any pictures of the new snakes yet?

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well the weather went to <edit> so it may be this week that the
y

get here

Last edited by a moderator:

sbk94

Arachnopeon
Where did you guys purchase your ATB's from if you don't mind me asking?
Thanx,
Steven