Amazing save by a newcomer

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A friend of mine got into the hobby not too long ago. At about the beginning of this year he messaged me by saying he got some three T's and is happy as can be about them. So I asked "What species did you get?" and he replied fondly "C. sp. Sulawesi black" at which point I was concerned. I know he has a wife and little daughter that's barely a couple years old. Wasn't really knowing what to think about him jumping the gun there (seing he's a friend of mine and I know the person to some degree) getting those OWs.

At any rate, lots of calls back and forth and giving advice and stuff, he soon got to nowadays 8 overall. An auratum and a versicolor followed suit and all went well. his latest addition are a couple irminias because he wanted to know why I am so enarmored with them. But all that aside, here's the catch of the whole thing:

About 4 months ago I got a call from him telling me that one of the C. sp. "Sulawesi black" had a bad molt and lost its fangs and he was asking me if there's a chance to get that T through just fine. So I told him the only thing I could think off: Cricket-mash and hope for the best. He did what he could, went even as far as gently coaxing the T to the waterbottlecap dish filled with the stuff and watched until the T sucked up some of it. That went on for a few months with the T not really gaining a lot of size, but still looking ok.

A couple weeks back, that particular T decided it's time to molt once more...and came out of it with fully functional fangs! At about ~2.5" now it's already feisty again and went to threaten my buddy when he picked the molt out of its enclosure!

I'm SO happy it worked out and it goes to show that even a person very new to the hobby can do exceptionally well with common sense applied and some solid advise on top. Gonna attach the pic of the little worrysome bugger as it looks now. I'm stoked for him and hoping at least one of the triplets he has will turn out female!

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's a job well done by both of you. I have to add I'm a bit jealous, I really want to get my hands on one of those too (Sulawesi black).

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's a job well done by both of you. I have to add I'm a bit jealous, I really want to get my hands on one of those too (Sulawesi black).
They're pretty common over here, not too expensive either. That aside, that the T survived that especially as a sling just blows my mind. He did extremely well, followed the advice given and was rewarded with a T that pulled through one of the most dangerous post-molt problems that usually leads to death by starvation. It's a miracle to me how he managed to get the little one to eat enough really.