Amac Style Box Enclosures

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Here are some quick photos of some Amac boxes that I use or plan to use for enclosures. @Mauri

Well thread on what...? But yeah would like to see some pics I did see a few...not sure I am to keen on the amac boxes I'd prefer a door for arboreals.

Anyways finished my first big enclosure (for the largest arbs) and I put a pic of it over in the terrariums/enc thread. Gonna be sitting around for awhile unless I see a cheap juvenile at the BTS. I just had a burning desire for some DIY.
I use them primarily for slings but once they go to juvenile I switch over to doors on my enclosures. They work for arboreals and terrestrials.

This is a terrestrial setup for slings:

This is a arboreal setup and how it opens. A flat surface keeps the box sealed while I cange water and do clean up/put out food:

The corkbark and anchor points are glues to the side:

I wouldn't use these for pokies myself but it works good for most arboreal IMO.

Here is one box I haven't setup yet but picked up for a terrestrial setup when my B. albopilosum molts another time or two:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Nice setups ;)
Thanks, I took photos of the best looking ones. :D

Youres look way more professional then mine. I use the tall sterilite tubs from Walmart for arboreals.
I use those as well. It depends on the tarantula and it's size. But I do like these a lot, they look great in the game room. Presentation (but not at the expense of the T) goes a long way in how non-tarantula people respond to your tarantulas.

Magenta

Arachnosquire
Do you use superglue for the the cork bark and leaves? Thanks

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Hot glue is great for acrylic, not so much for glass if your enclosure is glass as after a while with temp changes and humidity changes hot glue will unadhere to glass. Something I learned from experience with my glass set ups (I used the exact same set up as here until she got to big and upgraded her to a 2.5 glass tank). The hide I had set up for my A. versicolor fell right off the side of the wall with her in it after months of her being in there soon as it started to get a lot warmer here. She didn't get injured but she wasn't happy either. In fact before I realized it was the hot glue specifically I glued it back and it happened again. Third time I used silicone to adhere it to the side and it works great, but she refuses to use the hide now. Not that I can blame her, and had to provide other anchoring points. Now she just doesn't seem to really make a web at all (She made one, had it up for a day, then by the next day she had tore it down for some reason) and sits out in the open though she has plenty of hiding spots if she was interested in using them. Regardless though, Hot glue is great for acrylic, but not for glass, something to be aware of for the future for anyone who decides to use glass when upgrading enclosures.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Never
Always use hot glue gun.
Yeah, as Abyss said I use hot glue. I took the fake leaves and glued a ball of moss on the steam then stuck it directly to the wall of the enclosure to make fake tree anchor points for webbing. I glued the corkbark to the back keeping the vents to the side for best viewing. I even glue the corkbark to the wall in my terrestrial enclosures so no matter how big a burrow they make it can drop down. One guys made a huge burrow and covered up the corkbark and leaves so it just looked like a dirt hole. :shifty:

The only downside to the terrestrial enclosure is it's hard to find a water disk small enough for it. So I put drop on the leaves and keep the soil lightly moist. I might steal the Monopoly house idea that Lunarae posted on here. Those would fit and cut down on daily water drop maintenance.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Now she just doesn't seem to really make a web at all (She made one, had it up for a day, then by the next day she had tore it down for some reason) and sits out in the open though she has plenty of hiding spots if she was interested in using them.
My A. amazonica made a big web funnel system and stayed in it till after the molt (about three weeks). Then once it kicked the molt out it tore down a big chunk of the funnel and has been out in the open more. I am waiting now to see if the webs go back up.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
My A. amazonica made a big web funnel system and stayed in it till after the molt (about three weeks). Then once it kicked the molt out it tore down a big chunk of the funnel and has been out in the open more. I am waiting now to see if the webs go back up.
Yeah that's just it. She made the web AFTER she molted, then took it down the very next day (thankfully that hide fell AFTER she had molted. >.<) and yeah. I dunno. She's weird. She's a dork to say the least for some of the things she's done in the past. lol. I've stopped trying to predict what to expect from her and her behavior XD.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
My $ says it will haha

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah that's just it. She made the web AFTER she molted, then took it down the very next day (thankfully that hide fell AFTER she had molted. >.<) and yeah. I dunno. She's weird. She's a dork to say the least for some of the things she's done in the past. lol. I've stopped trying to predict what to expect from her and her behavior XD.
Your girl is an adult right?

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Nope. XD We'll love it regardless of gender, but it's gonna be weird if it turns out to be male and it's name is Sarah, then again maybe that's why it's so ornery in the first place. :p

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Oh and here is a pic of me using the monopoly house in the very same terrestrial enclosures you have @Trenor just so you see the space it takes up. I got the idea from someone else on a really old post in the forums among my research so can't take full credit for originality lol. But I think they work awesome. If you want it a little bigger upgrade to a hotel XD. But this is the set up I have for our LP sling that actually molted yesterday. I love the way I set this one up and the way it looks so yeah....I might be finding excuses to share the picture. I'm proud of this little enclosure, can't help myself.

20160420_160807.jpg

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I use amac boxes all the time actually! They are my go to sling enclosures. I just love them so much!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
What's the issue with superglue?
I don't want the superglue chemicals and fumes in the enclosure. It's not needed and hot glue works so well. Also with hot glue you can sometime pop off an item if it's placed wrong and still clean up the amac so it looks good.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Oh and here is a pic of me using the monopoly house in the very same terrestrial enclosures you have @Trenor just so you see the space it takes up. I got the idea from someone else on a really old post in the forums among my research so can't take full credit for originality lol. But I think they work awesome. If you want it a little bigger upgrade to a hotel XD.
Yeah, that would work for me nicely. Now I just need to find a monopoly game.

But this is the set up I have for our LP sling that actually molted yesterday. I love the way I set this one up and the way it looks so yeah....I might be finding excuses to share the picture. I'm proud of this little enclosure, can't help myself.
I can't say I've ever fabricated excuses in order to post photos. :angelic: I really like the look of your enclosures. They are impressive. I'm still not at the live plant level. I can grow tarantulas and I can grow plants. I'm just not sure I can grow them at the same time in the same enclosure.