Am I worrying about my scorpion for nothing?

Lectus

Arachnopeon
I'm still pretty new at keeping a scorpion, just had him for 8 day.

I have an asian forest scorpion, it's a wild caught heterometrus spinifer at my house.

We decided to keep him cause I wanted to and I've been very very very worried about him as he don't move a lot and always hide.

And then just today I saw him went to drink/stay on the water dish, I was extremely happy to see him come outside.

I think the problem was with the temporary small enclosure where the ground is made of tissue and I'm scared to use dirt because tiny insects might harm the scorpion.

He have been in a horrible condition, it was my fault but I don't want to ruin my mom Tupperware cause she love them so much. Or maybe it's because I didn't take a look at night.

I was excited to finally move the scorpion to his new house, and I move and touch the scorpion with my hand for the first time today. He's very very very docile.

The image was before I saw him went outside, and I didn't take a pic as I don't want to stress him out when he was drinking.

So the problem is, am I worrying for nothing? Or was it the small temporary enclosure?

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
This species requires proper temps (75F-85F) and humidity (best provided by a deep 100% moist substrate), it is also a fossorial species requiring a deep substrate to burrow in (4"-6").

The two biggest essentials it must have in order to properly survive (and molt if necessary):
Proper temps: 75F-85F
Deep substrate: 4"-6" (100% moist)

Secondary requirements:
Proper sized waterdish (always full)
Abit of moss won't hurt
Cork bark hides
50%-75% ventilation restriction(?)

If you provide these conditions you shouldn't have any issues. I would buy an inexpensive 5 gallon terrarium with screentop for it.

Lectus

Arachnopeon
This species requires proper temps (75F-85F) and humidity (best provided by a deep 100% moist substrate), it is also a fossorial species requiring a deep substrate to burrow in (4"-6").

The two biggest essentials it must have in order to properly survive (and molt if necessary):
Proper temps: 75F-85F
Deep substrate: 4"-6" (100% moist)

Secondary requirements:
Proper sized waterdish (always full)
Abit of moss won't hurt
Cork bark hides
50%-75% ventilation restriction(?)

If you provide these conditions you shouldn't have any issues. I would buy an inexpensive 5 gallon terrarium with screentop for it.
Thank you, I already provided him a few inches of substrate and there's some moss scattered around. The water dish are shallow, and I also have a cork bark.

The only problem is that the weather at my country would go for 90°F, but I'll make sure to mist it surrounding and enclosure so it would be colder a bit.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Thank you, I already provided him a few inches of substrate and there's some moss scattered around. The water dish are shallow, and I also have a cork bark.

The only problem is that the weather at my country would go for 90°F, but I'll make sure to mist it surrounding and enclosure so it would be colder a bit.

90F is abit on the high end but some people have kept their AFS at 75F-90F.

What is better than misting is a deep moist substrate the scorpion can burrow into to escape the heat.