Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Name Their T's?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello all!

i can't be the only one. Not that I'm anti-naming, i just.. don't.

Anyone else?

i have to admit that some people have pretty funny names for their T's (none come to mind right now,but trust me:), though..

anyways
peace
dave

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't really name mine either unless you count calling them by their scientific names like I call my goliath bird eater blondi, my rose hair rosy, pink toe pinky, togo named mac. well i guess that is nameing them, but if someone ask my what there names are I just tell them the scientific name.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I let my daughter name them, or will occasionally throw a name on one if some event warrants it. About half of mine have names now, my daugter seemed to run out :)

Bill

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
mine too Bill LOL!
Her imagination is on hiatus at the moment, hence, many of them are unnamed. Hopefully 'imagination block' will dissipate, and we can get on with naming the rest :D

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i name....my one lol Nova :D but i like giving names so when my collection gets bigger ill be naming them.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Occasionally a friend will throw a name to the T, and they can call it that, but i never really refer to my T's as "jessica" -- i don't know.. just doesn't feel right to me :) It takes all kinds, though!

i did name one of mine, one of my avics i got years ago. Her name's Sigridur (Sigga), after my mother. Beautiful icelandic name.

other than that, no names. Maybe one day! I'm not feeling creative right now ;)

peace
dave

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
too many of em to name here, besides I suffer from CRS, and would not be able to remember all of their names anyway.
:D
Ed

Mike G.

Arachnopeon
Sometimes, it's easier to name them. Otherwise, everyone wants to know why you haven't.

T. blondi = Fugly
L. parahybana = Stoner Dude
G. aureostriata = Medusa

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I sure dont name mine, science gave them a name and that is what they have.

Sincerely,

Brandon

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't name mine either, well, i didn't anyway, but i call them all bill or billy for some reason it's really weird, but my friends think bill is the coolest name and they always go "oh look at that little bill" refering to one of my tarantulas walking or something, it's kind of strange but yea, they are all just bill's and billys. Weird?
Mike

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Mine don't graduate to a "name" until they are subadult usually. They do have numbers like APHSP-A13 or maybe BALBO54... These are a name of some sort, but it does tent to keep you a bit less attached to them, as nature weeds the seek out whether they are in a loving home or not... This way when nature decides #15 isn't strong enough to live on, I get sad, just not as sad as Mother nature deciding on taking little "hairyette"... I do have all my adults named though

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have well over 70 someodd t's, all are named though, and I never forget any of their names, I chose the same name for every single one though...."Beautiful"....=D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wish i could take the "i have too many to name" way out, but there's never too many to name. And its not remembering the names either...

i just never named em! Anyone wanna name some T's for me :)
i keep ID numbers and records for all of them (what, with the breeding and all) -- but it doesn't mean I love them any less.

:)
peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
although i really do have too many to name before they all become "johns" or "johnettes" -- thats how un-creative I feel this week (for once in my life!) :)

dave

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
Hello all!

i can't be the only one. Not that I'm anti-naming, i just.. don't.

Anyone else?

i have to admit that some people have pretty funny names for their T's (none come to mind right now,but trust me:), though..

anyways
peace
dave
Dave,

If you don't name them, how do you get them to come when you call them? :?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I don't name all of mine, but certain ones have aquired names along the way. Mary Jane, Peter, Rosalia, Gretchen, Madame Hortense, Isabella, Mr. T, Tank, Fluffy, Count Spidercon, Spidey Two-Sheds (yes, in reference to Monty Python), Big Mama Pokie, Big Mama Red Rump, Squishy, JoJo, Whitey, Tweedledee and Tweedledum. The others are IDd by designations like C1, C2 etc.

Cheers,
Dave

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i only have p t's, and none of them have names. even my daughter doesn't name them. exempting descriptive names. usambara=mommy's meanie spider, haplopelma=big black naughty spider. we're unoriginal, too.=D

Kristin

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
ED,
CRS can be cured with labels!LOL!
Some of our T's have names.=D
If you look at their containers, there is a sticker
with their scientific name and the "pet" name.

HMMmmmm? What would you call an "Usambara"...?
We have 3 of them. I named the first one "Rocket"
Because it took off like one when I tried to put it in a
new container! 2 and 3 still need names:)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i REALLLLLLY want to name an Usumbara "Lou Reed".

besides the fact that he's not a OBT, he's a genius. Pure and amazing perfection..

the connection to the T, you ask?

well, there is none. But... who said there had to be a connection?!

ProfT: That's no problem, because when i open the door to get the paper, the T ususally beats me to it, and already has it next to my slippers, in its fangs... smart fellas, huh? :)

pce
dave

and the other dave: Squishy, huh? What T is that?