Am I the only one that feels this way??

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
Do any of you kinda feel bad for your roaches?? I mean I feed em a high quality diet, monitor their temps, and make every amenity to make em comfortable. I watch them grow from little nymphs to adults. I almost feel like they are another pet in a way. I kinda feel a little guilty feeding them to my T's, hedgehog and bearded dragon.. lol

BillyG

Arachnopeon
Firstly this question sounds like came from a vegetarian,I been there with you,but I realize the point is:whether you "choose" eat meat or vegetable,it's all obey the circle of life that earth gave us,eat meat is not wrong,but trying to control everybody else's choice of it,that's wrong.Can you lock a lion in a cage and only feed it grasses and not feel shame about it?So tarantula this animal you are having,they chose to eat meat as any others eat meat animals first came on this earth!you just got to deal with it,instead feel sorry,we should feel a much much better way:grateful! grateful that one life to another. :worship: So you do all these stuffs so good for these roaches,it'll only be better for your tarantulas,how grateful you should think yourself take this much good care for them Ts eat good.

Last edited:

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
lol.. nope i'm most definitely a meat eater.. I was just curious to see if anyone that has a roach colony looks at them sort of being like a pet to a degree. Buying feeders sorts of puts a disconnect vs raising feeders and watching them grow...

Think my wife has made me into a wuss.. I use to hunt now i'm more apt to put down a live trap and catch a house mouse to release outside.. lol

Earthworm Soul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Firstable this question sounds like came from a vegetarian,I been there with you,but I realize the point is:whether you "choose" eat meat or vegetable,it's all obey the circle of life that earth gave us,eat meat is not wrong,but trying to control everybody else's choice of it,that's wrong.Can you lock a lion in a cage and only feed it grasses and not feel shame about it?So tarantula this animal you are having,they chose to eat meat as any others eat meat animals first came on this earth!you just got to deal with it,instead feel sorry,we should feel a much much better way:grateful! grateful that one life to another. :worship: So you do all these stuffs so good for these roaches,it'll only be better for your tarantulas,how grateful you should think yourself take this much good care for them Ts eat good.
"Firstable"?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Firstable.. :? Is that related to the lunchable? {D I get the point he was getting at and have to agree. But I have to admit i felt bad for a roach for a minutebecause they are cute. Then i fed it to my T and realized i like Ts more than roaches. I guess you can say i like bugs that eat bugs. If it wasnt for the "bug eating" bugs we would be encased in pests. :D

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha i love this thread, so funny.

i do feel bad, but not to a noticeable degree, but it must be done and at least that roach died for a good cause... keeping my spiders fat and happy. haha

Earthworm Soul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Secondadable, I like my roach colonies a lot. I love watching my dubias or turks consume a banana or apple... but I've never felt a bond to an individual roach before. Maybe to the whole colony, but never an individual.

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
lol.. i don't so much has have an individual bond with them.. I just think to my self when i'm looking at a nymph that i go to great lengths to care for that the poor guy was nice and warm chilling with his thousands of brothers and sisters then bam in my G. pulchripes belly :D

I dunno.. i'm kinda weird i guess..

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I think the short life span kills any connection that would have been.. Even then it would be rediculous because they run around like crazy (lateralis roaches) eating and pooping randomly. {D

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
You don't have any children, do you?
No i dont. Whats your point? :?

Edit: Well i guess i get it now. Kids eat and poop randomly LOL But they live a long time by our standards.. If they make it past the teenage years :D

Last edited:

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Yes I do feel bad,so bad in fact that my T's now dine strictly on new born baby kittens.I HATE BABY KITTENS!!!!!!!!!:evil:

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feel the same way. Poor roaches. But then, it's SO fun feeding roaches to Ts! It took my 3 inch P irminia hours last night to subdue a MM B dubia. It was an awesome watch. She eventually positioned itself so that the male was dangling from her fangs and off the ground. She was tired of it kicking and found a way to make his movements meaningless.

Its those happy T moments that let me feed the roaches to my Ts. I feel bad for them, but definately not to a degree where I could say I really care or even that it's a concern.