am i in the clear?

sounofsilence

Arachnopeon
so i'm not a handler ( read plenty of horror stories on this forum ) but 3 days ago my 4.5inch chaco Golden knee fell approx 8-12 inches during a rehouse onto a hard wood floor. no noticeable injuries and was very active for the first few days (as expected) in his new home. today he ate a few crickets and am still yet to see any abnormal behavior. just asking for some opinions on if im in the clear or not and what i should look out for moving forward.

qwertymomo

Arachnopeon
lookout for any leaking fluids from anywhere ( If its a droplet of digestive fluid left on the mouth, don't worry, its normal). Observe the abdomen cause thats usually where most fall injuries are. Tarantulas have "Hemolymph" which is there equivalent of blood and its kinda whitish not really super clear but kinda clear. Look for any signs that hemolymph is leaking out of your t. If not, I say its all good. If the abdomen was too big during the fall, even less cause for concern. But yeah, I try to handle em as close to the ground as possible, and don't breath on them cause that can make them panic and bolt and humptydumpty on you.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Probably fine. Only time will tell. Rehouse closer to the floor next go around.

sounofsilence

Arachnopeon
Probably fine. Only time will tell. Rehouse closer to the floor next go around.
new enclosure was on the floor (probably should have put a blanket down under). he turned and bolted away from the enclosure when i tapped his back leg with a brush. ive been working with ts for about 6 years now and never had this happen. thanks for the response :)

lookout for any leaking fluids from anywhere ( If its a droplet of digestive fluid left on the mouth, don't worry, its normal). Observe the abdomen cause thats usually where most fall injuries are. Tarantulas have "Hemolymph" which is there equivalent of blood and its kinda whitish not really super clear but kinda clear. Look for any signs that hemolymph is leaking out of your t. If not, I say its all good. If the abdomen was too big during the fall, even less cause for concern. But yeah, I try to handle em as close to the ground as possible, and don't breath on them cause that can make them panic and bolt and humptydumpty on you.
ive been working with ts for a while now and just have never had this happen. i read a while back that it could possibly cause death during the next molt, does that sound like it could be a possibility or just some random bs i heard along the way?

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
They can suffer internal injuries from falling that you can't see, but if they aren't leaking from anywhere and eating they are probably ok

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Onlny time will tell if it makes it to a molt and molts successfully, only thhen will you be totally out of the clear.