Am I a Nhandu coloratovillosus?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I got this beauty last night, when I went to pick up baby pokies (P formosa) from Tony Ho. No hooks, but looks male ventrally (I think). About 4 1/2" DLS, I'd say. Didn't get a good enough ventral shot to tell anything, and not going to pick him up for the sake of trying to figure that out. He is exploring his new home, has already eaten lunch (BAM!) and has groomed himself afterwards.

I've looked up the various "black and white" Ts here and on google, and he looks just like N coloratovillosus to me.

Opinions? Thanks!

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Thanks...according to my coworkers I am some kind of freak, so possibly not human. I'm now being called the Spider Queen by many of my friends...LOL!

Marga

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
100% positive too. They are very lovely but my breeder groups are somewhat aggressive/defensive towards me. I dont advise you to handle it... Enjoy that T!!!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
100% positive too. They are very lovely but my breeder groups are somewhat aggressive/defensive towards me. I dont advise you to handle it... Enjoy that T!!!
Hi - I agree. He already threw a threat pose just getting him out of the cup. He'll be a look-pretty, not a handle-T.

He is REALLY nice looking, though!

Marga

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
3 Girls

I have three females waiting for him when he is ready! Hopefully I get 2 sacs from them soon.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
N Coloratovillosus

Nice T. One that I don't have, but would love to add to my NW collection. Why aren't these anywhere near as common as N Chromatus?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Nice T. One that I don't have, but would love to add to my NW collection. Why aren't these anywhere near as common as N Chromatus?
In researching the photos and here on the boards, I found fewer references myself. One care sheet also said it was "rare". I can appreciate the beauty of them... I'd love to see more.

If it is a male, he may have to go off for breeding when he's ready.

Marga