Alright....So I need some input

lunarae

Arachnobaron
First off, hi, I'm back again. Been busy with moving and the like as of late and finally getting settled down. Now that we are and now that our A. versicolor has molted a few times. I finally have a decent picture to post up to maybe get input. I'm thinking that it's actually male but I would like the input of others with more experience.

Oh and before you comment about posting this in the media. I tried that. I tried that repeatedly different ways. File is to large apparently. I used a microscopic camera I got from my dad to take the picture and I'm still working out the quality of what I take with it. But from what I can tell I'm going male here. Hopefully people with more experience can give me good news and say that it's actually in fact female but I'm not holding my breath.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
im not good with these kind of pics at all, but im saying female.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Really? XD Well it's name has been Sarah from the get go so, I was hoping it would be XD And Venom, I'm horrible with it as well which is why I wanted an opinion. I'm glad I sought one out. I still can't figure out why it said it was to big for posting it to the general media thing but that's probably with how I saved it. I took some pretty awesome pictures of some queen ants I caught with it as well. Been fiddling around with it, it's a pretty cool little deal but takes a lot to work with it.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I can't make anything out with that pic.
How big is your versicolor?
Spread it out more and dry it off a little and apply some back lighting. Put the molt on a clear plastic lid and put a flash light underneath, take pic with out flash, easiest way to see lady parts.

Example:
20160712_010210.jpg
Female GBB.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Spread it out more and dry it off a little and apply some back lighting. Put the molt on a clear plastic lid and put a flash light underneath, take pic with out flash, easiest way to see lady parts.
Yes, this! I used to try and sex mine with a wet molt. Being dry (especially the small ones) helps a whole bunch!

It takes more time, but if you think you see something wet, letting it dry really makes those parts pronounced.

As a separate note, the whole drop of soap in the water thing also makes a HUGE difference.