alright, here is the naked butt

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my smithi also..

doesnt show so well in the pict though..

Attachments

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
while I have the camera out...

I couldnt resist one more of this one...in its new tube web..

Attachments

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
aren't little T naked butts CUTE? :) it makes them look ever-more fragile.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
UNLESS it's a male... and it's not darkening....:( That's what my male b. vagans looks like, so he's spending a little time each day with his female so they can say goodbye!!:(

Wahhhhhhhhhh!

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Now that's one naked butt!LOL!
Cover that thing up!:D

Looks like stress to me, is the T eating?

Is this the only problem it has?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
she is perfectly wonderful but I

rearranged their containers on a shelf, and I gave her the b. smithi as a neighbor on one side, and the goliath pinktoe on the otherside...
so, now I have rearranged again so that she doesnt have neighbors.

Mike G.

Arachnopeon
Sunnymarcie,

I have a 4" L. parahybana that I got a week ago that is missing TWICE as much hair as Rapunzel's T. You mention to her that it could be stress and sound worried about her T. The day I got my parahybana, it buried itself. I haven't seen it until this morning when its tunnel collapsed. I now can see into its cave, but it still won't come out.

Should I be worried about my T, or is it trying to acclimate to its new home???

Thanks,
Mike G.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
is the abdomen on yours dark?

By being burrowed, yours may be in pre-molt. Especially if the abdomen is dark. Did you notice it was bald when you got it, or since you got it?

Is it eating?
I feel badly for putting my T in a position it found stressful, but at least she is still eating.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
...I haven't seen it until this morning when its tunnel collapsed. I now can see into its cave, but it still won't come out....

If it did collapse :eek:are you sure that the T can get out?

I recently had that happen and if I was not home I would
have had one less T. My T was much smaller though.
Pre-molt could be a possibility but if it was me, I'd start digging.

I hope everything is ok

Last edited:

Mike G.

Arachnopeon
The collapsed tunnel isn't a problem. She is out and under her cork bark. I gave her a pinky today and she ate it. Her butt isn't dark. It is flesh colored and it has been bald since I got it. I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post pics. I'm completely new to this, so I think I'm just worrying too much.

Thanks for the support.

Mike G.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My L.Parahybana is definatly a naked butt, kicks hairs everytime i go into its cage, dosent like its stuff moved or messed with dont have pics im hoping my cousin might bring his digital cam over so i can post them for everyone

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You got my hopes up only to see a tarantula's butt.:eek:
Oh well..

Ernie

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i just found this..

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just now found Ernie's reply...he tried to keep hidden and buried...

:p Sorry, Ernie...and I moved her into a larger container..and well, I don't think she is kickin so much now. Perhaps she was just trying to say that she wanted a bigger house.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No, no, no, THIS is a naked butt.

Here's a picture of a male B.emilia that went bald after his ultimate molt. He ended up looking like a kind of monk, as you can see. Notice the smallish abdomen, since he'd already given up eating too. Soon after this picture I sent him away for a chance at breeding, since I didn't have a B.emilia female and he didn't look like he had long to live.