Almost got tagged!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was it by one of the ten of my P. murinus? My P. lugardi? H. lividum? L. parahybana? Nope.... it was my B. smithi! She all out struck at me while filling her water dish! She has never done this before, usually she just kicks some hair and crawls to the other side of the cage, this time she threw a threat display and then attacked! What would make her act like this? I have never seen this out of her, never. Is it maybe because shes getting close to molting?

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very surprising incident:eek: , can be something with premolt...

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive seen some of my b.smithi's give threat displays and act crazy.each spider has its own personality i guesse

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a goofy little 1.5-2 inch smithi who would try and get anything that entered its home. Always in a threat display. He was an angry pet rock He seemed to calm down by 4 inches. But I lent him out a few years ago don't know if he ever relapsed.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's telling you "No touching the water bowl". LMAO.

I think something is in the air in this forum tonight.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's telling you "No touching the water bowl". LMAO.

I think something is in the air in this forum tonight.
That might have been abit insensitive of me though it was a lame attempt at a anthropomorphic joke, sorry. But I usually kept aggressive inverts such as centipedes, scorpions, and others. Most would attempt to tag me if I invaded their space too close or became a source of aggravation.

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, a few of my spiders get randomly pissy when I'm attempting fill the water bowl. Minimise it by doing it when they are sitting far away from it...mine seem less inclined to notice that way.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes, my lill one is cranky too
and very skiddish
hope she will out grow it :rolleyes: