Alloniscus perconvexus care

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Anyone kept or is currently this species? I'm thinking of getting some in the near future and was hoping to learn a bit more about the care before I do. From what I've found so far, they do well on a deep sand substrate that's kept moist and room temp is fine. Fish flakes and other general isopod foods seem to be well received.

KDK241

Arachnopeon
Did you end up getting any? I've been thinking about it but there is so little information on them.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
i've never kept these before, but wish I can acquire them someday!
ik this is a super super late reply and i just googled them and found about their care. i got mine at the pomona supershow and theyre super easy. im gonna get packed beach sand and fill the tub bc they make nice burrows and like sitting at the end of them and they apparently like charcoal to eat for nutreints and normal isopod food but im gonna experiment with stuff they could get in the wild since they live on beaches. I got mine 12 for 30 and i love them so much. Im gonna hopefully get sand for them soon. Hope you’re able to get some if you havent already

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Anyone kept or is currently this species? I'm thinking of getting some in the near future and was hoping to learn a bit more about the care before I do. From what I've found so far, they do well on a deep sand substrate that's kept moist and room temp is fine. Fish flakes and other general isopod foods seem to be well received.

sorry this is a super super late reply i made this account a few days ago but like i said above theyre super easy from what the guy told me and from what i read. They need beach sand from what i heard so they can make their burrows. i’ve been feeding them roach food and they nibble on charcoal

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
sorry this is a super super late reply i made this account a few days ago but like i said above theyre super easy from what the guy told me and from what i read. They need beach sand from what i heard so they can make their burrows. i’ve been feeding them roach food and they nibble on charcoal
No problem on the delay, thanks for responding!