Alligator Lizard Eats Huge Centipede Whole

furball677

Arachnosquire
I don't have this lizard anymore, sadly, but this is one of my favorite videos on my channel. I found a big tiger centipede (Scolopendra polymorpha) and thought it would make a cool video if I fed it to my Madrean alligator lizard (Elgaria kingii). They also live in the same environment and state, it's interesting to see species interact that commonly encounter each other in nature. I don't think I've seen this before, it made an even better video than I'd hoped. Enjoy.

For more videos visit my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JSaD2idonaYvHJFuA8R-A

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's so amazing that the lizard knows exactly how and where to strike in order to avoid getting bit by the centipede. Kudos to you for providing an interesting video that shows how these lizards would take down native prey

furball677

Arachnosquire
It's so amazing that the lizard knows exactly how and where to strike in order to avoid getting bit by the centipede. Kudos to you for providing an interesting video that shows how these lizards would take down native prey
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd say more luck on this encounter, seen this reversed a few times or instances where both die.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd say more luck on this encounter, seen this reversed a few times or instances where both die.
The reverse scenario usually happens when the larger Scolopendra heros is involved, not polymorpha.