All White Domino Nymph??

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I found this guy in my Domino Roach nymph enclosure. I started with 5 small black nymphs, 1 died, I now have this white roach which is much larger than the other 3, and the other 3 are still black. Wondering if it's a different species? Or is this a normal phase of growth for the Dominos??

Attachments

aphono

Arachnobaron
Haha yeah, freshly molted adult(notice it has full wings, no longer a nymph) and will eventually darken. Sure is surprising if you didn't know what to expect! I had the same reaction seeing my first adult question mark(related species- Therea).. it was half white half black.. But now they all have the normal ? patternings on them.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Haha yeah, freshly molted adult(notice it has full wings, no longer a nymph) and will eventually darken. Sure is surprising if you didn't know what to expect! I had the same reaction seeing my first adult question mark(related species- Therea).. it was half white half black.. But now they all have the normal ? patternings on them.
Yes it was very surprising. I was expecting them to all be growing at the same rate, the other three are half the size and still very black. I'm stoked to see growth finally, I've had the nymphs for several months now and they've been burrowed and not very entertaining at all lol.

aphono

Arachnobaron
As for pretty.. tbh my first reaction was "was I sent the wrong kind or worse, hybrids?!" after a moment I remembered other roaches molting out white. It is strange to think of a black roach coming out so white though!

Don't see the nymphs much either lol Knew to expect that so it was not a big deal. Even the huge peppered roach nymphs are invisible, save for the occasional dirt and leaf movement. during maintenance I like to root around to find a nymph to admire their cuteness... :rolleyes:

aphono

Arachnobaron
Also, after they hardened off and got full color, wow.. they are so much prettier than in pictures. Hope they are busy breeding and laying eggs, oothecae or however that's spelled.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Everyone was right, I have a Domino roach officially now! So pretty! Just waiting for the other 4 to turn. From a little tiny black nymph to this..pretty thrilling!

Attachments

aphono

Arachnobaron
I only have the question marks but sometimes catch myself looking at dominos or the red spotted ones... oh noooo :angelic: