All T's available

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I went down to the local reptile store today, the one where I had a bad B. Boehmei molting problem, but they seem to be ok for crickets. When I asked the guy where all the T's where gone they had, he told me they would be getting a total change of inventory, and they would be able to get every T in the world... So I'm like ... uuuuhu (don't really believe the guy). Well, I want to know if they can really get all the T's I want, and I want you guys to help me get a list.

I will start my list with the Poecilotheria Miranda, one of wich I'm pretty sure they can get, but it might take awhile, and be a little pricey. Second I want a Theraposa Apophysis, I've been unable to find those for sale anywhere. And a nice Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens, same goes as for the Theraposa Apophysis.

Can you guys help me get the names of some more hard-to-get T's.

Ðennis

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wait, hold on a sec. You mean T's that we think you might want or T's that we would like to have?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And of course these are all from breeders, not greedy people roving the jungles etc.
Humanity!! We are the Mariem.

Anyway, sorry about that :)

Phormictopus atrichomatus, see if they can get one of those.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Wait, hold on a sec. You mean T's that we think you might want or T's that we would like to have?
T's you want to get your hands on, but you just cannot find anywhere...

Ðennis

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A pet store with 800+ species in stock? Or did he mean he has access to all of them?

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I think in layman's terms all the t's in the world come down to "G.rosea, B.smithi, H.lividum".

-V

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That are some good ones!
Atrax, I haven't been able to find any picture or species information about the Aphonopelma moorea, sure you don't mean Aphonopelma Moorei?
Anyway, I will go to the store in about 2 hours, and tell em I want some pricing information about the species mentioned.
And Bjorgy, I'm not going to buy them all, my mom will go mad like hell, but I just want to know if they can really get all T's...

Ðennis

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mark me down for a Spelopelma reddelli! I'll take light or dark form, male or female!
If he can get all the T's available, getting a Mexican blind cave tarantula should be no problem!

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
That are some good ones!
Atrax, I haven't been able to find any picture or species information about the Aphonopelma moorea, sure you don't mean Aphonopelma Moorei?
Anyway, I will go to the store in about 2 hours, and tell em I want some pricing information about the species mentioned.
And Bjorgy, I'm not going to buy them all, my mom will go mad like hell, but I just want to know if they can really get all T's...

Ðennis
Oops, we're both off Dennie. My bad. I meant A. mooreae. It stands to reason though that we may still be talking about the same T. I've noticed slight differences in spelling between here and Europe. Here's a pic from Rick West's site.

http://www.birdspiders.com/archive/1/0102.htm

Atrax

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Here I go in the OT direction.

Originally posted by Atrax
Oops, we're both off Dennie. My bad. I meant A. mooreae. It stands to reason though that we may still be talking about the same T. I've noticed slight differences in spelling between here and Europe. Here's a pic from Rick West's site.

http://www.birdspiders.com/archive/1/0102.htm

Atrax
That's an Aphonopelma? Neet. Can those be legally exported from Mexico? Is it just Brachypelma under CITES?

Bill

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bob the thief
what he means by "all the ts in the world" are the ones from these pet store supplier lists.

https://www.flukerfarms.com/explore.cfm?mc=1002&s=1012&ss=1049

eh sorry forgot rest ill add em later but none of the others that most pet stores use have more than fluker.

actually petco uses fluker if im not mistaken
They order from those same suppliers all the way in Holland? Who told you that?
I'm guessing that of all sp. the petstore guy actually can get, he'll still have some pretty nice stuff available. The t selection over in Europe is pretty nice and they have a lot off sp. available to them that we never see here. Where do you think the only captive adult P. miranda and P. metallica are at?

ATrax

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Here I go in the OT direction.

Originally posted by conipto
That's an Aphonopelma? Neet. Can those be legally exported from Mexico? Is it just Brachypelma under CITES?

Bill
Bill,
I'm not sure but I've heard rumors that there are a very small number in captivity here. If I remember right, they were once featured in an ATS publication as well.
Atrax

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
To my understanding, nothing in the way of herps/inverts gets exported from Mexico.

bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
To my understanding, nothing in the way of herps/inverts gets exported from Mexico.

bill
At least not officially. I'd be surprised if the very large amount of adult sized bicoloratums that have been available this past year are actually captive bred regardless of what the wholesalers say. They are such slow growers that they would be selling for a lot more at the sizes they are if they were really captive bred and reared.