All these tarantula foods are imperfect!

BillyG

Arachnopeon
(But I grateful for all their lifes to another!)

Dubia--any size of 'em below adults,stop moving or digging under substrade when your Ts come close,even you push it they just staying as a rock(of course you can only do that in docile species habitat)!and the adults are super big,only can fed super big size Ts.

Superworms--Digging under substrade asap.

Crickets--Crickets ain't got no problem with digging,it's just perfect for Ts to catch BUT!they lives toooo short!everyday I saw dead ones.

Turkistan Roaches--Actually they are my whole time favorite coz any size of them walking around in Ts habitat perfectly for Ts to catch BUT!the adult males can FLY!I just saw another one on my floor this morning!coz my T chose not ate it yesterday,it flew out through the air vent while i'm sleeping:wall:!

I have so much to learn from y'all and this website.

Last edited:

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have no problem keeping B. lateralis in it's place.
I certainly don't have any air vents large enough for one to crawl through. :?

I think it's your husbandry that's imperfect. :)

BillyG

Arachnopeon
I have no problem keeping B. lateralis in it's place.
I certainly don't have any air vents large enough for one to crawl through. :?

I think it's your husbandry that's imperfect. :)
well maybe,that's a thing to learn about,but on another hand my bigger air vents(0.5cm each) it's for Ts ventilate better,anyway from now on I keep my eye on them no matter what,gosh so much to learn.

Last edited:

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Not really i take on my crickets legs for my T's. Well besides the king baboon but thats it

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Sounds like you just need a bit more practice squashing there heads(lateralis) :D

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like my discoids. They don't seem to play dead like dubias do.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have no problem with dubias as long as I tongfeed... THey wriggle like mad, and the T's are all over them..

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I have no problem with dubias as long as I tongfeed... THey wriggle like mad, and the T's are all over them..
If you give those dubia a good sqeeze they dont know whats goin on and run around like crazy. Most my Ts wont take dubia... Probably because they are spoiled and not hungry enough to risk taking down large prey. :? But thats ok im still waiting for my colony to start breeding. :wall:

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I got that from RobC. He tong feeds a lot of his Ts.

At first, some of my bigger Ts were frightened when they hit the Dubia then realized there was something holding it, but they seem to learn that it's not dangerous and also seem to learn that I feed at the same spot...

It's nice cause I can tell when they are hungry because they will come to that spot and just wait. =P

BillyG

Arachnopeon
that's a great great idea.I should try that!definitely!!I ain't feed them so fat for nothing.

Last edited:

BillyG

Arachnopeon
.....What?
correct:"I am not feed(fed) these dubia roaches so fat for nothing.Oh sorry if this bothered y'all,I'm from texas,we country folks speak like that sometimes!

Last edited: