All of my Ts suddenly stopped wanting to eat.

Naethn

Arachnopeon
All of my Ts besides a sling that won't eat live foods anyway have stopped eating food and will only show threat posture or hit the crickets or just run go and hide.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
How many do you have? When was the last time they molted? Could they be in premolt?

Naethn

Arachnopeon
I have 4 now, My GBB hasn't ate for about 2 weeks now and my Nhandu Chromatus hasn't ate since I got it about 2 weeks ago also. my A geniculata hasn't ate for about a week but that is expected from that one as it ate a lot when I got it the same day as the Nhandu. None of these have molted when they have been with me yet, only T that has moulted for my is my L parahybana sling who moulted about a week ago and ate a pre killed cricket last night for me.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Well, it seems your L. parahybana is fine. Premolt is a likely cause of food refusal. If you post some photos of your spiders and their enclosures, we could check to see if anything looks wrong.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Your spiders do look well-fed at least, so don't worry about starvation.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I made my young LP very fat initially and then had to wait ages for it to moult and resume normal feeding! :rofl:
I claim that each of us has done this before. But you learn from mistakes. Now I make sure that my animals grow slowly! I would like to admire them for as long as possible, I do not pursue commercial interest despite breeding!

cold blood

Staff member
First rule of tarantulas.....fat ts dont need food.

Second rule....all ts fast at times.

Third.....fasting is almost never a concern.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Your spiders do look well-fed at least, so don't worry about starvation.
It's OK that @Smotzer dislikes my message. I should have been more clear: you don't need to worry for a while that your spiders will suffer from starvation.
You, for yourself, could possibly need to worry about starvation. You didn't post pictures of yourself!
Humans need to eat much more often than spiders. I hope you can obtain enough food for yourself. I recommend sandwiches 🌈

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
All your tarantulas look to be sufficiently plump and may have just gone off food, and do not need more to molt.

1-2 weeks is not really any sort of time to be concerned about a tarantula not eating, even a sling can go many months if it had to. I don't even feed but every two weeks anyway based off of abdomen sometimes more, so nothing to be concerned about.

It's OK that @Smotzer dislikes my message. I should have been more clear: you don't need to worry for a while that your spiders will suffer from starvation.
You, for yourself, could possibly need to worry about starvation. You didn't post pictures of yourself!
Humans need to eat much more often than spiders. I hope you can obtain enough food for yourself. I recommend sandwiches 🌈
hahaha I mis-reacted to your post, I meant to agree with it!! ;) :rofl:

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Two weeks...

Thank god that you don't have a Grammostola 😂😂😂

To get an a idea, my pulchra fasted for almost a year.