All New England Reptile Expo

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will be there! {D .. lol its hard to meet people there cuz of all the other people.

Last edited:

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tend to get there at the opening whistle. If there are enough of us, perhaps we should meet at the seats just below the entrance to the expo?

As it gets closer, we'll nail it down.

Martin

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I'll be there but having a 2 pm wedding in Natick, MA; I'll probably be in and out rather quickly. That and being currently unemployed (anyone need a biochemist?) my purchases are pretty much limited to frozen feeders for my snakes (unless I can find a cheap buy).

Though how will we know you, Martin?

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry for disappearing like that... damn job!

Anyway -
I will be wearing an ATS t-Shirt (Probably a 2005 one) and will be trundled with my "Mini-Me" and my Brillo-headed stepdaughter. {D

I should be there for the opening whistle, so stick close to the seats at the base of the stairs before you go in and we can all meet up!

ok?

Martin

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LAST CALL!
Any RIMACT area folks can meet us up there in Manchester - Opening whistle at the benches at the bottom of the steps!

Martin

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, seems I missedeveryone, even though I waited a bit to go in...

The expo was pretty much a dud bug-wise (for me, anyway).

We'll try again some time soon...

martin

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah last one was too.. they don't get a lot of bugs.. cold blooded pets did the best.. I ended up coming late and leaving in only a few hours..

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I almost bought some phasmids too, you don't see those for sale very often. I didn't feel like having to supply organic greens all winter though, and they only live for a year and a half or so.
I got there at 10 and a lot of people were already inside, what time did they open?
Saw a couple mislabeled T's, a Hysterocrates labeled as a lividium, an E. pachypus as an S. calceatum. Thought about buying an H. schmidti, but it was too small to Id even vaguely, and the dealer was clueless about it's origin...
Ended up just buying a nice orange leopard gecko.

Bill

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They opened the doors at 9:45, but I hung around until 10:00 around the entrance line and stalled as long as I could... kids, you know.

The phasmids were neat, but I don't know enough about captive care to warrant buying one on impulse. The only spider I wish I had bought was the single A.metallica at the table in the rear - it was $25 and looked female. Having brought no cash, just plastic, I was ready to grab a few things when I was told "$50 minimum and I can't take it until later. The machine isn't, ummm, it's not up yet". It felt a lot like "oops, we forgot the machine" to me, but what the heck do I know.

In the end, I bought 3 firebellied toads and finished the show in less than an hour.

Did anyone else see the "Purple Centipedes" for sale? ummm... where's the purple? They looked awfully brown to me! ;)

Love to all... We'll try again in April

Martin

webchick

Arachnopeon
The only spider I wish I had bought was the single A.metallica at the table in the rear - it was $25 and looked female.

Martin
You can always come visit her Martin. I snatched her up right away. LOL:D

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good for you! And maybe I will... ;)
Next dinner is looking like 10/28.
Thoughts? PM me on AF.

m