All my vertebrates

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I just wanted to show of my "babies" with less than 8 legs. Here are some photos.
First up is Apollo, my male Eublepharis macularius (Leopard Gecko). He is a rescue from people who thought Leos could share a tank together. He I was roommates with another male who bit and bloodied him. Apollo is now in his own 20gal long aquarium, living the high life. IMG_20161210_212205399.jpg

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Next is Arya, my female E. macularius. This is the sweetest, most friendly gecko I have ever seen. She is also a complete Diva and somehow, thinks she can climb glass like a Crested Gecko :D
IMG_20160405_204927773.jpg

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
My newest gecko is a very shy little fellow so I apologize for not having high quality photos. I've loved these since the first time I saw them and couldn't resist getting one. He/she is a Rhacodactylus auriculatus aka Gargoyle Gecko. Still very young, hence they shyness, but adorable IMO just the same.
IMG_20170222_200140924.jpg

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
This is technically my wife's snake, but she likes me just a bit more :pompous: Python regius aka Ball python. She is a Mojave morph and her name is Lilith. Also, sorry I don't have a better photo, I tend to send the good ones to her "Mommy" and then delete them lol
IMG_20170213_205823.jpg

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Now this, this is my baby... I fell in love with this species when I was only 12yrs old. Ultimately I am glad I waited so long and had so many other reptiles before her because I truly couldn't ask for a better snake. This is my Epicrates cenchria cenchria aka Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Pandora. IMG_20170307_222715.jpg IMG_20150922_154405026.jpg

Leila

Arachnobaron
My newest gecko is a very shy little fellow so I apologize for not having high quality photos. I've loved these since the first time I saw them and couldn't resist getting one. He/she is a Rhacodactylus auriculatus aka Gargoyle Gecko. Still very young, hence they shyness, but adorable IMO just the same.
View attachment 234786
And this lil shy baby here: omg! I just love those creepy eyes for some reason. :embarrassed:

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Now I want one! Hehe!
I adore his expression...so mischievous. :rofl:
He is quite a character for sure! He seems to think he is the biggest, baddest male in the house :D At least until my hand goes in his cage, then he is a sweetheart. Climbs right on so he can come out to visit.

And this lil shy baby here: omg! I just love those creepy eyes for some reason. :embarrassed:
The face of the Gargoyles is what I love most about them lol IMO they look like tiny surprised alligators :) Trying to socialize "him" is tough because of the size though. Too much excitement overheats them and can harm them so just a couple minutes every few days. It's always over too soon though.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Too much excitement overheats them and can harm them
Being ectothermic, they are not capable of generating their own body heat when 'excited'. The only way they would overheat from being handled is if you restrained/enclosed them in your hands, and they had prolonged exposure to your own elevated body heat. And even then, its not very likely to happen unless you restrained them in this manner for a long time.

Your Rhac does appear to fire up to some nice reds and oranges.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Being ectothermic, they are not capable of generating their own body heat when 'excited'. The only way they would overheat from being handled is if you restrained/enclosed them in your hands, and they had prolonged exposure to your own elevated body heat. And even then, its not very likely to happen unless you restrained them in this manner for a long time.

Your Rhac does appear to fire up to some nice reds and oranges.
What you say makes much more sense. I misquoted what I read in the Reptiles Magazine page about Gargoyles.
"Gargoyle Gecko Behavior in Captivity
The gargoyle gecko, which can live up to about 20 years in captivity, is a relatively laid-back species when it comes to human interaction and can be easily handled for short periods of time. When doing so, let the gecko climb, or leap, freely from one hand to the other if it is so inclined. Eventually it will settle down. Do not try to restrain a gargoyle gecko from moving, or it may attempt to bite, squirm, or even drop its tail. Another problem with restraining a gecko, especially a hatchling, is that doing so can cause its body to overheat, which can result in death."
Thanks for the correction!

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No problem, no worries. :cool: My wife has a gecko collection of cresties, gargs, and leopards. She just hatched out her first pair of baby cresteds at the beginning of January, they're so tiny at first!

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
No problem, no worries. :cool: My wife is has a gecko collection of cresties, gargs, and leopards. She just hatched out her first pair of baby cresteds at the beginning of January, they're so tiny at first!
Right!! I just recently saw hatchlings of Gargs and Cresties for the first time. I was amazed at just how small they are.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Was reminded of my adventure at NERD (New England Reptile Distributors) and wanted to share a few photos. The quality is subpar but you can still see the animals :)
Dominican Red Mountain Boa
IMG_20161204_223629.jpg
Eyelash Viper
IMG_20161205_080450.jpg
Puff Adder
IMG_20161204_223433.jpg
Waglers Viper
IMG_20161205_080513.jpg
King Cobra
IMG_20161204_223658.jpg