All My Critters

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In one group photo (as a joke) - It involved putting three snakes together temporarily (two of whom you can see) and, well, someone else too, who jumped out of the enclosure at first opportunity

Actually, I've been threatening to feed him to the snakes if he's bad, which he is by nature :p

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In one group photo (as a joke) - It involved putting three snakes together temporarily (two of whom you can see) and, well, someone else too, who jumped out of the enclosure at first opportunity

Actually, I've been threatening to feed him to the snakes if he's bad, which he is by nature :p

if you feed the cat to the snake i want the video !!!

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL - He's my lil buddy, I couldnt do that.

Tho sometyyymes

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup, but they wont be by morning, if I know my snakes. Actually, it's one mouse and one smallish rat. I've tried the frozen stuff with the king, who I;ve had for over two years, and he flat out refuses to touch em, no matter how they are presented to him. The Texas rat is a recent wild-caught - I figured live feed would be best for him as it's what he is presumably accustomed to

After I did this, I got to wondering how the snakes would get along together. The kingsnake is about 42 inches, and the Texas rat about 51 inches - so I wonder if either would eat the other, especially since the king is the smaller of the two

We'll leave that one at the wondering stage.

There's also an 18 inch or so little racer in there somewhere, who was smart enough to slither under the water pan ASAP.

It was a joke for a group photo (and Lamont (the cat) didnt find it too funny, judging by his facial expression). If the enclosure were a little bigger, I;d have climbed in there too and used the self timer on the camera

So dont call PETA. It's all good in Lawton, exceptin for the rodents

And that's a stuffed western diamondback on top of the cage. Great for the old bring folks into a dark room to see the snakes, turn on the light and then "Oh <edit>, he got out"

Last edited by a moderator: