All hail! HYPNOTOAD

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Well... I bought a little albino pacman frog today. He/she is a pretty cool little guy.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
These guys don't have much margin for error when they are small (lesson learned on my part). Here's my food vacuum.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Heres my little guy. About 2 inches round. Kept on wet moss against the best wishes of many people on the internet. I tong feed it and don't really feel impaction from moss is a viable concern.

Attachments

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
4 in drawers. Coco fiber damp on one side dry on other. 1 in a 29 gallon planted tank. Tong fed, some fed in separate bowls. Roaches, night crawlers, crickets, dusted. The one in the tank would only take nightcrawlers from Walmart via tongs. He is huge and healthy. The others (babies when purchased) eventually went lame on one side of their bodies and started blindly snapping at prey refusing to eat it.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
4 in drawers. Coco fiber damp on one side dry on other. 1 in a 29 gallon planted tank. Tong fed, some fed in separate bowls. Roaches, night crawlers, crickets, dusted. The one in the tank would only take nightcrawlers from Walmart via tongs. He is huge and healthy. The others (babies when purchased) eventually went lame on one side of their bodies and started blindly snapping at prey refusing to eat it.
Yeah i was advised to tong feed my little guy every three days until he gets a bit bigger. He's taken a cricket in front of me at the shop and i gave him a super worm yesterday. I gut load all my stuff with repashy should i still dust to avoid any problems?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Yeah i was advised to tong feed my little guy every three days until he gets a bit bigger. He's taken a cricket in front of me at the shop and i gave him a super worm yesterday. I gut load all my stuff with repashy should i still dust to avoid any problems?
I don't know. I clearly had problems. I don't know if it was the stock or what. Honestly I don't think frogs and toads like the taste of calcium dust. I dusted my roaches for my Sclerophrys regularis last week for the first time and they vomited out the most vile half digested stuff. It smelled so bad. I think my big guy is doing well cause he was half grown when I got him. IMG_3210.JPG

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I haven't heard anything from my Ceratophrys yet. He just woke up after a 5 month plus aestivation. He's trying to give my t's a run for their money.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I would always dust with calcium and maybe D3, just because it seems to me it can't hurt (I always dust my crickets when feeding to salamanders and feed them a varied vegetable diet, and it's been a year without problems). With night crawlers it's a non issue--they have a P:Ca ratio of 1-2, I think, like vertebrates--but crickets have a P:Ca ratio of .3 naturally, and mealworms and superworms I think both have .16. So even if gut-loading is effective by itself, it's less risky to dust as well, if you can.