Alexandra, My G.Rosea is on an eating Binge!

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
So yesterday after about 2 weeks of her not eating the mealworms that I've been offering GAve in and Got a fresh batch of crickets from the local pet store. I throw one in, And she dives for it, but it Hides in the Moss.
Run and grab the tongs (Meanwhile im super excited because I hadnt Seen her eat in the few months i've had her) Grab hold of another one, she goes for it, and it drops in the moss again.

I finally Get a DAMN good grip on one, hold it infront of it, she grabs it.
not even 3 seconds later BOTH crickets that were in the Moss pop up, and she grabs both SIMULTANEOUSLY.

So, she's sitting there, munching on 3 crickets.
But I see her tapping her back leg on her log, so I Grab hold of another cricket, See if she'll grab it..

She slowly Climbs the tongs To where The cricket is Right infront of her fangs, Grabs it, and Starts to Ball up the 4 in a thin layer of web.

Nice dinner, right?

well, this morning I Offered her another, Thinking she wont accept it.. But she latches on to the lil bugger!

I absolutely feel like I overfed her, But she Hasnt eaten in a few weeks ( I used to keep an endless supply of crickets in her cage, but learned that was bad so Am hand feeding her now..)

Should I offer her another or wait?

And it really sucks, I had some of the superworms in a seperate container So I could feed them and make them Super-meals, And they are getting HUGE!
But she's picky, apparently.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You need to wait. Four in one day is way over the top IMO. You need to wait a week and then feed it. One or two a week is fine.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I know I know, But like I said it was the first time I ever witnessed her eating, And the first time I ever tong-fed her so I was Pretty excited =]
I wont be feeding her again till september 1st, And will try the superworms again.

Am I the only one who keeps a written log for their t's?
Granted I only had 3 entries, but It tells me when I've changed her set-up, When i've seen her drink, Basically everything.
It helps me keep a peace of mind.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep a log of mine. It looks like this:

"Spiders name"
Scientific name (Common name)
Date purchased
Where it was purchased from
Molt records
Notes

I'm about to start keeping a feeding record also.