Problem Alerts not allways showing up

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Say someone rates my post funny ,agree, like etc it doesn't always show up on my alerts..
Recently I got a rating on a post and when I checked what post it was I noticed that 8 other members rated it but those never showed up above my alerts thingy..
This has been happeneing periodically for a few weeks now.. It's a minor annoyance and I'm just curious why it is happening.. Thanks

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Not sure if this is the cause, but I've found that it doesn't repeat alerts for the same post unless you open the alert. So, if I rate your post funny and you don't actually click the alert to open your post, you won't be alerted if someone else rates that same post funny. The same issue can be seen for watched threads. Unless you actually open the thread, you'll never get alerts for new postings.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Not sure if this is the cause, but I've found that it doesn't repeat alerts for the same post unless you open the alert. So, if I rate your post funny and you don't actually click the alert to open your post, you won't be alerted if someone else rates that same post funny. The same issue can be seen for watched threads. Unless you actually open the thread, you'll never get alerts for new postings.
Thanks man.. I'll keep an eye out to see if that's what's going on.. Thanks again man..

louise f

Arachnoangel
Say someone rates my post funny ,agree, like etc it doesn't always show up on my alerts..
Recently I got a rating on a post and when I checked what post it was I noticed that 8 other members rated it but those never showed up above my alerts thingy..
This has been happeneing periodically for a few weeks now.. It's a minor annoyance and I'm just curious why it is happening.. Thanks
This happens to me all the time, really a pain in the B``

cold blood

Staff member
An alert shows up when someone clicks on one of the ratings...but every subsequent one will not be alerted until you acknowledge the initial alert...this prevents you from getting 8 alerts to the same exact posting...but once you see it, it re-sets and the next rating will be alerted to you.