Albopilosum closed off her hide?

Ncshooter

Arachnosquire
(I say her, I have no real idea at this point.. just wishful thinking at this point LOL)

I am new to T's and picked up a ~1" nicaraguan curly hair a few weeks ago.I noticed today that she has bulldozed all the substrate around her hide and mixed in webbing, sealing her self inside essentially. I feel bad because I lifted the edge of the hide and didn't realize what she had done at first :(

Does this indicate she is near molting? She fed just the other day, and I had added some 1/4" crickets for her to munch on this morning, but will pull them out just in case if she's entering that stage.

Thanks!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
(I say her, I have no real idea at this point.. just wishful thinking at this point LOL)

I am new to T's and picked up a ~1" nicaraguan curly hair a few weeks ago.I noticed today that she has bulldozed all the substrate around her hide and mixed in webbing, sealing her self inside essentially. I feel bad because I lifted the edge of the hide and didn't realize what she had done at first :(

Does this indicate she is near molting? She fed just the other day, and I had added some 1/4" crickets for her to munch on this morning, but will pull them out just in case if she's entering that stage.

Thanks!
Could be molting soon, could just want to be left alone, could just like being closed in. Could be all the of the above :)

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Most likely going to molt. May take a few days, most likely will take longer...at least a week or so. They can even stay under for a month. Just let them be, and wait for them to emerge. Everything will be fine. Don’t disturb it.

Do some researching around the forum while it’s burrowed. Quite a bit of info like this available.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
As a rule of thumb you should not move the hide just because you want to see the T. Unless you suspect something bad might have happened to the T :)

Good beginner T, good luck.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
That’s tarantula for, “Do not disturb!”

Ncshooter

Arachnosquire
As a rule of thumb you should not move the hide just because you want to see the T. Unless you suspect something bad might have happened to the T :)

Good beginner T, good luck.
Yeah, bad scorpion habit LOL. All good now, I'm leaving him/her alone for a while and see what happens. By body mass it has quite a big booty, so hopefully a molt is incoming soon

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
I fed my 2” klaasi 2x before he burrowed and hid from view. The enclosure is too big and she made a burrow under the mangrove. I am leaving her be for now. How long should I wait before panicking? 😂

Attachments

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I fed my 2” klaasi 2x before he burrowed and hid from view. The enclosure is too big and she made a burrow under the mangrove. I am leaving her be for now. How long should I wait before panicking? 😂
Panicking because it's buried itself? Months... Many months

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
I am learning the joy of T keeping. My greatest fear is after many months, I learn that my T has died leaving nothing behind.
Your T will emerge when it is ready. Please don't dig it up :) Also while you wait maybe go read up on some posts where they explain how you would know and can test if your T is ready to eat. Also go read up on post molt care, when to feed etc.

Good luck

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
I read the threads. Reading and living it are two different things. I am trying to dry up the substrate. Someone pointed out that klaasi loves drier substrate

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
I read the threads. Reading and living it are two different things. I am trying to dry up the substrate. Someone pointed out that klaasi loves drier substrate
I hear you, just try and make sure you apply what you read.

Good luck

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Thanks!
Likely