Albo and Smithi

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My B. Albo has a hide, but it stays out in the open. You always need to provide a hide. Whether it uses it or not is up to it.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My B. Albo has a hide, but it stays out in the open. You always need to provide a hide. Whether it uses it or not is up to it.
+1

My Brachy's (with exception of my vagans, who likes to burrow) all sit out in the open, but they all have cork bark hides. They will use those hides when coming up on a molt and venture into them in the late hours of the day. They may not use them all the time, but having a retreat to go to helps keep them from getting stressed.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What is your definition of a troll?
Someone who asks a question they know will evoke an angered/emotional response.

If the OP is really just a curious newcomer who honestly doesn't know a tarantula should be offered a hide, then I apologize. But more often than not, a question like that is asked by someone trying to get a rise out of people.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont provide my B. albopilosum's with hides at all. They were worthless. They only thing the spider did with the was web over them...:wall:

My B. smithi dont use their hides unless they are molting..or eating. I do have hides for them, but they prefer to stay out in the open.

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
got 2 smithi sling about 4cm, both have hides but neither uses them. one dugs his own burrow and hides, and one just sits in the open...