Albino Sonoran Pair

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very pretty. i gave up snakes and sold all mine but every time i go to the pet store im really tempted. sooner or later i'll probably give in. i miss the boa's the most, they are awsome.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
very pretty. i gave up snakes and sold all mine but every time i go to the pet store im really tempted. sooner or later i'll probably give in. i miss the boa's the most, they are awsome.
Go on, buy a snake. You know you want to. Just one isn’t going to slow you down.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Go on, buy a snake. You know you want to. Just one isn’t going to slow you down.
yeah, then its 2 then 3. but before its over i'll probably end up with a few. i also want a nile monitor. but thats the problem. i cant stop and its not been long that i sold all my snakes and swore i wouldnt buy any more. i sold a 9 foot boa that was very hard to part with. she was a big baby and i had her from about 2 foot. so im trying to stick to just t's. they are so much easier to care for. and they dont leave piles the size of a small horse like boa's do.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and they dont leave piles the size of a small horse like boa's do.

That’s one of the reasons I will probably never get a large boa, or python again. That, and they are too sensitive to temperature changes. I’m going to stick with the hardier colubrids.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Uh what kind of snakes are those in the first post?
@jr47 what type of snakes did you have that left giant piles of poop like a horse as I have a jungle carpet python and now you are starting to worry me.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Uh what kind of snakes are those in the first post?
@jr47 what type of snakes did you have that left giant piles of poop like a horse as I have a jungle carpet python and now you are starting to worry me.
They are Albino Sonoran Gopher Snakes.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Jungle Carpet pythons. It’s big boas, and Burmese pythons, etc. that has poop you must fear.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the one that was real bad was a female boa. not only was it the poo but almost every time she would poo she would tip her water. then slither around in it and gety it all mixed real good. she was 8-9 feet long. so then she needs cleaned up and then the cage. what a mess. smelly snake poo mixed with 2 or3 gallons of water. graet to come home to after work. did i mention i kept her in my bedroom. i do really miss her but not that part. she was the only one that was really that bad. i fed her small bunnies which is probably why she smelled so bad.
heres an old pic about 2 years before i sold her. she wasnt that big yet.

Last edited:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
heres a few of the others. the largest is a female the other 2 are males. i always put them all 3 tegether to breed. was interesting to watch the males do their little mateing ritual.

Last edited:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
had a small boa that way. mean little freak. i traded him off for a ball python. the guy asked me why i was trading a boa for a ball. i told him he was rabid. all he said was, he cant be that bad. so i figured id let him figure it out for himself. this one didnt calm down till you put him back and left the room. meanest littls snake i ever seen.
alot of times they will stop that as they get bigger and more use to you.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you can put on a glove. leather is best. they get hung up on clothe to easy. let it bite you a few times and more often than not they will stop stiking at you. doesnt take them long to figure out its not doing any good. my brother and i done this alot with w\c snakes so they could be handled. this is not advised at all with larger snakes. a big boa will go through a glove or spin and hurt your wrist. but it works great for smaller ones.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You know, something in the snakes body language suggested that he might try to bite me if I picked him up, so I already had the gloves handy.:) I picked him up right after I made that video and held him for about 10 minutes. He hissed nonstop and tried to bite me about five times. Then as I was putting him into the cloth bag, he took one last bite for good measure. I left him there for about 1 minute, and when I took him out, he was a kitten. That’s a first for me. I’ve had tons of snakes over the years, but these are my first pits. I’m really enjoying them, and their unusual behavior.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where did you find the Albino Sonorans? I've been looking for one for what seems like forever lol.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where did you find the Albino Sonorans? I've been looking for one for what seems like forever lol.
I got them from some dude that was selling them in the classifieds on kingsnake.com under “Other Snakes.” They’re really beautiful if I do say so myself.:) There’s still some on there now, but not too many. You would probably have better luck looking there in June or July.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm...I check KS's classifieds pretty frequently when I can, but I must've missed those lol.