Albino Checkerd Gartersnake Babies!

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So 3months or so ago I was at a local reptile show helping out at a friends table, I took a lap around to check out what the other vendors had and came across 2.2 adult Albino Checkerd Garters. Now im not a big Garter guy, Ive had them a few times in the past and was not looking at getting more anytime soon. The vendor was getting out of the hobby and it was towards the end of the show and he offerd them to me for a great price so i took them home with me. When i got home i started looking at one of the females and found that she was gravid so i expected babies with in a few weeks. She kept getting bigger and bigger and looked miserable! Well yesterday i came home and found she had finally dropped 13 babies (12live, 1stillborn). Active little guys, a few of them have bright orange dorsal stripes like one of the males.

Attachments

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats, daddy! :)
I have 3 het albino checkereds. They're such lovely little things. :p

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! I now have 16 albinos, will be selling off the babies and one pair of adults though.

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Was thinking 30 ea or 50 a pr, Thats their going rate now a days. I remember paying 300 for a pair of babies a long time ago :rolleyes: I would really like to sell them all to one person so im going to look around for someone that would take a 10 lot in trade.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congrats! Was hoping to get a pair from you a while back, guess the mom popped finally

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ya she definately looks a lot more comfortable now for sure! Ill send you a pm, clear my pm's and lost your info.