Albino C. gracilis

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello All,

John good luck with them.
Josh man you are weird!!!!!
Hope to see you in cali sometime soon again.

take care

francisco
francisco, i am going to try to get to california this spring. i will be going to the southeast california area. maybe we can meet up or something. maybe some of my weirdness will rub off on ya ;)

john, those guys look like little ghosts! you got haunted scorpion cages!

-josh

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
They are still growing and getting fat...doing very well. I'll post new pics this weekend

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
haha, too bad those pics were in black and white :rolleyes: ;)
right. Thought the read was neat but be neater to see the original color photos.

I still don't get the whole Melanin thing but I think I am beginning to understand it. maybe. So it is present in some arthropods that have been studied. 7 is what I read were studied and had it but moths and butter flies. But most don't have it or have not been studied for it. And they use it or a chemical like it for healing or harding and not color like most other animals.... is that right? I am confusing myself I think. Been playing in the google books to long.

So from what I read to say albino would be incorrect as it is not present in skin, scales, feathers, or hair for the purpose of color but in the ones studied with the presence of it used it for the sole purpose of healing themselves?

One more edit this is what I was looking at to form this question. http://books.google.com/books?id=i9...6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=Arthropods Melanin&f=false

Last edited:

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
They are still eating and doing well..little chubs they are and should be shedding to 4th real soon
On a side note the same female has birthed 17 more with 4 'albinos' on her
so that makes ten here and many 'hets'
when the bigger ones start to shed I will post pics

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They are still eating and doing well..little chubs they are and should be shedding to 4th real soon
On a side note the same female has birthed 17 more with 4 'albinos' on her
so that makes ten here and many 'hets'
when the bigger ones start to shed I will post pics
wow :eek: neat.

Ritzman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am Happy to announce that my lady that was caught along with Apple's lady, had babies. There are def. 2 color forms of the babies. I dunno the final count, or how many of the lighter ones there are.
Will try to get some pics up.
I am so excited:cool:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i remember reading this months ago. amazing that theyve kept that color! hope they breed it along!

Also, could this be considered a new morph?

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
i remember reading this months ago. amazing that theyve kept that color! hope they breed it along!

Also, could this be considered a new morph?
they are doing well...the females are gravid by two albino male
hmmmm new morph...ummm yeah albino for a morph

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they are doing well...the females are gravid by two albino males
How bout' them Apples :D That is great to hear John! GL w/ the new offspring that should come.....:p - Jason

P.S. Do you give them supplemental warmth during the Michigan Winters ?

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
hey Jason
howarya man
I keep my inverts in the boiler room....the gracilis have heat tape under them that warms the substrate to 82 at one end...the boiler room is 68-74 year round
thems some APPLES lol

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is Good 2 C U Posting ~ especially this info/pix!

hey Jason
howarya man
I keep my inverts in the boiler room....the gracilis have heat tape under them that warms the substrate to 82 at one end...the boiler room is 68-74 year round
thems some APPLES lol
I am doing well - TY - Although I need a new, USED vehicle & owe I.R.S. $100 :rolleyes: but, other than that :)

Speakin' of "Boiler-Rooms!" ~ there is a *new* Freddy Kreuger MOVIE coming out soon! :razz: That may be my Hallow's Eve costume, this yr. :D

Amazing to see the Pix of Scorps :eek: Plz. share more w/ us all, in the Future :worship: