Akwardly standing T...

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I came home from work this morning to find my G.rosea standing with her underside well elevated from her rock. Her legs were nearly stretched all the way...you could almost relate it to a cat when they get caught in headlights lol..how they stand up all stiff...what's that all about...there IS a heatvent close to her enclosure..but it doesn't bother any of my other T's and the temp in her terrarium is 70F...any idea's? Should I be worried?

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Vibrations (music, air conditioner, TV) usually causes that.

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It kinda sounds like you are describing "stilting" what some T's do when they are eating. Is she sticking her butt up vertically or is it just the legs are streched?

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's the first thing I thought of, that she was eating.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My little 0.5" L. parahybana does this alot...whether eating or not. Sometimes it is only for a few minutes...then she just turns around and walks off normally. I just figure she is weird...lol.

moodymoo

Arachnopeon
My Rosie 'BLOO' is stilting as I write this, and I have some loud music playing. I also have two other t's and they're both flat and chilled out. So I assume it's nothing to do with music. Like the reply above attests; t's are just plain weird lol.

Last edited:

moodymoo

Arachnopeon
Oops, let me just amend that. My B.Smithi 'FLOOK' has just stood up as if to prove me a liar!

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G. Pulchra is doing this right now and just doesnt seem to stop doing it. I have like 6 T.s in the same area, and none of them do this at all... heres a pic.

The first is just a picture of Home for some of these guys, and the second of course is her in her stance.... if you look in the first pic top middle you can see her.

PS. (as looking at the pic) to the left, is Brachypelma albopilosum sling, top middle, G. Pulchra Female, top right, 2 Acanthoscurria brocklehursti's possible one male one female, and behind them which you cant see is a B. Boehmei, and of course my pride and joy Adult Female 6.25 in. G. Pulchra.

View attachment 63303

View attachment 63304

View attachment 63305

Last edited:

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i prefer to think of it as a " I am waiting for something tasty to wander by" stance.:drool:

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Naw she wasn't eating...and I couldnt think there was any vibrations, it was super early in the morning (i work nights) and nothing was on...the only vibrations i could think of would be from the air vent..but..i mean..how much vibrations could that make...perhaps she is just weird haha...stretching maybe haha i dunno...