Air plants in tarantula cages

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm contemplating adding one of these to my goliaths cage. Would this be a bad idea or not. Has anyone else tried this.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Ummm, what are you talking about? Gotta be more specific yo... Maybe some pics or somethin.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
I am by no means an expert but I have succulents in my t's enclosures the plants are doing great and don't seem to bother the t at all.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you talking about epiphytic plants? If so, we haven't tried that, but are interested in the idea as well.

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It really depends on the species of air plant. A lot of them require more light than is reasonable in captivity. others need more water, or humidity, than others. some are more tolerant of drier enclosures than others. its far from a simple answer, sorry to say. your best bet would be to do some research on Bromeliads in general since they are quite often refered to as air plants.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd stick with the Tillandsia genus as they would be more suited to a vivarium due to their size and forgiving nature. Several of the larger genera of bromeliads have spikes lining the outer rims of the leaves and the potential for injury to the T is there.