air conditioning

grenville joseph

Arachnopeon
So i've got a b.albo, g.rosea, g.pulchripes and a c. versicolor (my main worry); all of which are slings. Was thinking of transferring my t's into a cabinet in my room but was worried that the air conditioning i turn on throughout the night would be a problem? it gets to about 20 degrees celsius

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Was thinking of transferring my t's into a cabinet in my room but was worried that the air conditioning i turn on throughout the night would be a problem? it gets to about 20 degrees celsius
Are there any vents pointing toward the tarantulas? I've read that slings can be vulnerable to drafts.

grenville joseph

Arachnopeon
Are there any vents pointing toward the tarantulas? I've read that slings can be vulnerable to drafts.
Nothing direct. Theres a glass sliding door on the cabinet which has slight breathing room on each end even when fully closed

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Nothing direct. Theres a glass sliding door on the cabinet which has slight breathing room on each end even when fully closed
I don't know about the Caribena versicolor, but I would expect the other three to be fine. (My tarantulas -- including an Avicularia avicularia -- are in the same room as I am, and the AC never seems to hurt them as long as there is no draft blowing on them.)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
It shouldn't be a problem, apart from the C. versicolour, the others will adjust to the day/night temps, which should be provided anyway, not sure about the versi as it's still very vulnerable as a sling.