AHHHHHH LOOSE FEEDER

SRtugglebus

Arachnopeon
I ACCIDENTALLY LOST THE FEEDER CRICKET I WAS TRYING TO FEED TO MY TARANTULA. I WAS SEEING IF MY JUVENILE APHONOPELMA CHALCODES WAS HUNGRY BUT THE CRICKET ESCAPED MY TONGS AND WONT LEAVE MY SPIDERS TUNNEL. WHAT DO I DOOO???

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Then why try feeding it in the first place? Regardless.. just leave it for min. It’ll be fine

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
If your t is premolt, the vast majority of people here are going to tell you that taking the cricket out is a priority if you find it hasn't been eaten in 24 hours. If luring it out doesn't work, you really don't have any other choice but to dig it out, even if it means ruining the burrow. A tarantula can always make a new burrow, but the point is moot if it gets eaten by its food. And if it helps at all, in the future, offer prekilled (squish the head) instead of live if you suspect premolt or if you think the t won't eat. That will make it a lot easier on you :angelic: BEST OF LUCK!!

SRtugglebus

Arachnopeon
If your t is premolt, the vast majority of people here are going to tell you that taking the cricket out is a priority if you find it hasn't been eaten in 24 hours. If luring it out doesn't work, you really don't have any other choice but to dig it out, even if it means ruining the burrow. A tarantula can always make a new burrow, but the point is moot if it gets eaten by its food. And if it helps at all, in the future, offer prekilled (squish the head) instead of live if you suspect premolt or if you think the t won't eat. That will make it a lot easier on you :angelic: BEST OF LUCK!!
Thank you! I just got it out (with added stress from my hardheaded father) and my tarantula looks like it couldn’t be bothered by the whole debacle 🙄

SRtugglebus

Arachnopeon
Then why try feeding it in the first place? Regardless.. just leave it for min. It’ll be fine
I also found out it was in pre-molt AFTER I lost the cricket because I never saw it’s abdomen up close until now. It shows a couple of signs that I couldn’t see because they were always facing towards me.

Stressed out over nothing.
I ALSO have extreme anxiety and it’s my first tarantula. I don’t know if that was a rude remark you said but I’m learning. I’ve studied and looked at tarantulas before I bought one but I’m still worried.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I ALSO have extreme anxiety and it’s my first tarantula. I don’t know if that was a rude remark you said but I’m learning. I’ve studied and looked at tarantulas before I bought one but I’m still worried.
Wasn’t a rude remark. Just stating you got it all figured out and stressed out over nothing.

Manny

ArachnoAquarium
Arachnosupporter
If you’re going to be on this forum, it’s best you grow a bit of thick skin. It’ll help you in the long run. One thing I’ve learned is to strictly focus on the information given, pay no mind to anything that hurts your feelings.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
my tarantula looks like it couldn’t be bothered by the whole debacle 🙄
How else are they supposed to get entertainment if not by watching us mere peasants losing our minds over seemingly trivial issues? :rofl: They are the equivalent of cats to the invertebrate world in my opinion

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Poor cricket is all traumatized now. But nooooooo, ain’t nobody worried about it. You people are savages.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Poor cricket is all traumatized now. But nooooooo, ain’t nobody worried about it. You people are savages.
Agree. OP put that feeder through so much unnecessary stress. Now it’s probably back in its enclosure is a stress curl.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
So savage. And hilarious considering how casually people recommend pulling off cricket's legs and feeding them to slings like drumsticks. Which seems cruel to me... because the tarantula really should be able to pick which part of the cricket it wants.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
My advocate work is now completed for the day. 😁 When I do have crickets they’re mauled before they are in the enclosure…hand, tong, eye coordination problems when it comes to catching those boogers.

@SRtugglebus how long have you had your T and how you like it so far?

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Won’t somebody think of the crickets?
I think of them. I think of how I wish they would stay still so I could grab them with my tweezers 🤪

Thank you! I just got it out (with added stress from my hardheaded father) and my tarantula looks like it couldn’t be bothered by the whole debacle 🙄
Oh the good old days. Just house a couple old worlds and your family really will go nuts

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
dont you guys know your supposed to chew the cricket up before feeding the t to help get the bolus started for the t :rofl:

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
I think of them. I think of how I wish they would stay still so I could grab them with my tweezers 🤪
Oh god the truth in this. I have so many loose crickets in my T room.

Not in enclosures or anything. Just ones that escaped and now live in my house without paying rent. Freeloaders.