ahhh death pose

xjak3yx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think my t has gone into the death pose :S she had all of her legs on one side curled under but the legs on the other side are still out . she only had her molt last night and in the morning was looking very floppy/unstable help plz!:confused:

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Do you have any pics ? What kind of tarantula is it ? how big ? It may just be resting after a hard moult.

pics would help

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she is not in a death poses.. do not touch her... she is very fragile right now. this is very normal once they molt. it may not look normal if you haven't ever seen a tarantula molt but it is.

xjak3yx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she is now back to normal just resting with her legs streched out.. i think it was because of her molt thanks for the help

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She'll probably continue striking strange poses for days or even weeks to come depending on her size/age. It seems like they go through this whole process of stretching and flexing, etc as their new exo hardens. It's cool to watch. Take some pics sometime in the next few weeks as they are never prettier than when freshly molted.

xjak3yx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ill get the camera out :) at the moe she has four legs streched out infront of her and four behind and a rough measurment of 3.1/2" but im not too sure of her age. the place where i got her said 4 years.. nearly 5 now could this be right for her lenght?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ill get the camera out :) at the moe she has four legs streched out infront of her and four behind and a rough measurment of 3.1/2" but im not too sure of her age. the place where i got her said 4 years.. nearly 5 now could this be right for her lenght?
We still don't know what kind of T you're talking about so it's impossible to say. Some species are still that size (small) at 4 years. Some are fully mature (bigger) at four years. Some others are fully mature AND that size (dwarf species) at 4 years. If you don't know the species you could take a pic or two and post it here in this thread or in the ID Me thread and somebody will surely be able to tell you what it is and probably offer some helpful tips on it's care.