Ah come one! molt!!!

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
so i got this lp a couple of weeks ago. it is a one inch sling. it has the classic really fat abdomen of a salmon pink and has some dark coloration. from what i have heard, they are supposed to grow really fast, so i figured at this age it should be spending maybe a day or two in pre-molt then molting. my house temps are at 75 ish and it has access to water and i have attempted to feed it multiple times. This is getting kind of annoying because i keep telling my dad it will get big a cool and will eat like crazy and he keeps responding, "if it ever grows."
im not worried, i was just wondering how long lp's usually stay in pre-molt at this age, and you dont have to tell me it depends. i just want to know from personal experience what you guys think.

thanks,
Dan

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Just remember.. the bigger it gets, the longer the pre-molt stage is.
If it refuses food, it could take anywhere between 4-10 days.

I have 4 LP slings, measured about 1 1/2-2 inches and 3 out of the 3 molted within a day of eachother, one 4 days later (actually JUST molted within the hour) all in the same conditions as eachother. It's a guessing game, really.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
i got it on sept. 19. so its been more than ten days. maybe it is just a weird case of spending a long time in pre-molt. thanks anyways.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Even then, you figure it takes about a week for them to settle in.
Patience! :)