agrresive or faking it?

hediki

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey my rose had an attitude change. i try to take it out n it raises into defensive mode but i think its a bluff because wen i use the pen to test his aggressiveness he never bites and tries to run away. shoud i try to handle

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey my rose had an attitude change. i try to take it out n it raises into defensive mode but i think its a bluff because wen i use the pen to test his aggressiveness he never bites and tries to run away. shoud i try to handle
Its not a bluff. Even if it was a bluff, would you want to risk being bitten even after the threat display. No, its giving you every indication it wants nothing to do with being handled. Best just leave he-she-it alone.

And why are you trying to test its aggressivness? Would you enjoy me jabbing you with a curtain rod while you're relaxing to see how you react? ;)

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When this happens, leave the T alone. This is obviously a response to aggravation. T's are best left alone. they are instinctual creatures. they do not form kinships with their owners, so getting bit is ALWAYS a possibility, no matter what species.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just adopted a neighbor's G. rosea and it bares the fangs frequently. So no handling this one.

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would also say that this is probably no bluff. It isn't like the T has a shot at any kind of pot. Just remember no means no

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I agree, she's probably not faking it.

But after having a T for so long you eventually learn their behavior, I had a P. cambridgei that would threat display all the time at something in the cage, and would never bite.

-Sean

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe there is no such thing as a bluffing defensive T, fof course we can find out the hard way and then come back to tell everyone it wasn't a bluff since we got fangs into us..;P. If the T is acting as such take it seriously as it does not want to be handled or bother. Good thing this wasn't an OW doing the aggression test, it might of skipped the defensive signs and go straight to tagging...glad to hear matters are resolved! :)