Aggressive predators?

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I'm curious how aggressive your T's are at feeding time?

I have a juvenial B. Bohemi and this has to be the most aggressive T I've ever seen when it comes to prey.

If I put a cricket on the other side of the tank (exo terra 12x12) and the cricket starts moving... She will run all the way across the tank to get it... and if her running at it scares the cricket... well the chase is on! I've seen her do a lap and a half around her hide! Funny.

One cricket crawled up the back of the tank on the foam insert... She crawled up after it. Which kind of scared me cause I didn't want her falling when she went for it. (I quickly knocked the cricket off.)

Please share some stories if you have them. I have 2 others a B. Vagans and a B. Albiceps. The Vagans will wait until the cricket walks under its fangs... and the Albiceps will wait until it is touched by the cricket to strike. Nothing like this little Bohemi gal.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Pokies definitively give me the best catches, very Jackychanesque if you want!!!!:worship: And I meant aerial backflips!!!

My Avics are funny... they come litteraly tiptoing toward the prey, almsot whistling while looking away with an innocent grin..then WHAM!!!!!

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have one g. rosea sling that is nuts when you drop a cricket in. she went after one once and it jumped and landed about three inch's away. they both set motionless for about ten seconds and then the cricket jumped and the spider jumped and caught it in midair. i was really shocked and have never seen one do it again.

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with Merfolk Pokies definitively give some of the best catches. How ever i have seen my H.lividum pull some pretty sweet catches. :D

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
During one instar, one of my Parahybanas was very aggressive. As soon as it heard the thump of a landed roach it would storm out like non of its siblings, hunting down the roach, tearing leaves in the process.

Also the A. Geniculata is very agressive as a predator. She'll give the food no slack. One time a crick escaped the little container and fled out on my remote controll for the TV, and the T came after like a little freightrain. Never seen a T leave its familiar sorroundings like that before.

Last but no least, I bought a malnourished Chromatopelma from a fair. She's adult and about 5". I dropped a crick in her tank, and it positioned itself in a little downwards slope. The T which was extremely hungerdriven at that point immediatly came after the crick, and made a made pounce on it. She hit it so violently that she made a full frontal roll, coming up on legs again with the crick in its fangs.

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
Thump!

The T which was extremely hungerdriven at that point immediatly came after the crick, and made a made pounce on it. She hit it so violently that she made a full frontal roll, coming up on legs again with the crick in its fangs.
Actually since posting this I had a similar thing happen with that little Bohemi... He lunged at the cricket who was by the side of the tank. The cricket lept away at the last minute and the T hit the glass with his front legs... the thump from the impact was loud... and I was a little it might hurt itself... a few seconds past and he resumed the hunt chasing the cricket so Im assuming it was fine.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my p. ornata sling gets the most excited about prey. sometimes it does laps around its cube enclosure and then pounces on the prey. {D

my 2.5" a. hentzi gets really excited too. going after prey no matter whats in the way it gets trampled.

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just traded off a male L. parahybana, that prior to his ultimate molt was so aggressive tward prey items that if I poured water into his dish he would attack it as well. It was pretty funny watching a big bad T attack water.

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
I just traded off a male L. parahybana, that prior to his ultimate molt was so aggressive tward prey items that if I poured water into his dish he would attack it as well. It was pretty funny watching a big bad T attack water.
That would make you think twice about reaching into that tank! LOL{D

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Usually after I fed him for the next couple days I could reach in and clean up, but after about three days he would start lunging again. Hopefully he is making baby T's now :)

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Many times I had a T come running from the center of the enclosure to slam the wall at high speed:eek: {D

My girlfriend was holding a delicup with a OBT sling in it, looking with her eye at level with the substrate and blew thru the tiny air hole on the side.

ftptftptftptfftptftptfptftftptfptfptpfptpt
BAM!!!!!!{D {D {D {D {D {D

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Pokies, do some of the coolest maneuvers. One of my pokie did a backflip and landed right on top of a cricket. But, the best i seen, was with my p.murinus it caught one in mid air, really cool.

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My A. Brock. has a taste for water... When I attempt to dampen the substrate it chases the water drops everywhere. My hands go NO WHERE NEAR that spider, as I have seen it jump onto and strike at my prodding device.... My hands do not go in that tank except for extreme circumstances.

The first time I ever fed it, I fed it a drone from one of my beehives. I dropped the live drone in and the T. took it out of the air, scared the shit outta me.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Hi
I think I win this hands down as my spiders are so aggressive that when I feed them they eat the pray I give them to feed on!
man its just crazy!
Cheers
Chris

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Hi
I think I win this hands down as my spiders are so aggressive that when I feed them they eat the pray I give them to feed on!
man its just crazy!
Cheers
Chris
You think thats crazy Chris?, mine do the same but i feed them with cheesy wotsits..