Aggressive matured male

coldbl00ded

Arachnosquire
My B. Albopilosum is a matured male, is usually very calm and timid. But when I went to grab his water dish last night, he ran over and grabbed it. When I tapped his leg to move him, he threat postured the tongs and struck at them a couple times.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Temperaments of individuals change with each molt. Especially with mature males, as in the wild they’re at a higher risk of predation due to wandering around in search of female(s).

Craig73

Arachnoangel
It’s the same thing as someone coming into your house, rummaging around without permission and then shoving you.

I’d probably pee my pants facing an intruder, but others would fight back.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
My B. Albopilosum is a matured male, is usually very calm and timid. But when I went to grab his water dish last night, he ran over and grabbed it. When I tapped his leg to move him, he threat postured the tongs and struck at them a couple times.
What do you expect from a testosterone bomber! :singing:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Tliltocatl albopilosus* - They were moved from Brachypelma over two years ago.
Defensive* - You're the aggressor in this situation, if someone came into your house and started prodding you with tweezers you'd probably want to slap the excrement out of them too.

Anyway, that's normal, temperaments can change after moults, I've had two previously docile Brachypelma females become extremely defensive after moults.

Last edited: