Age of agression?

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Is there a certain size for a T when it is less likely to run into its hide and more likely to kick hairs or defend itself with a posture or bite? My brachypelma's behavior always changes in one way or another after a molt so I assume this would occur after reaching a certain size. Although mine is small, I still prefer to use tweezers when interacting with its container in case it randomly decides to go for a bite.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
First things first, no tarantula is aggressive they’re defensive. And it boils down the individual. Even some species that are known to be docile has individuals that can be defensive. Using tweezers should be a must regardless of how calm a tarantula might be.

Minty

@londontarantulas
It can vary from moult to moult. There's no set age or time where they calm down or become more defensive. Slings tend to be more skittish and shy for obvious reasons.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
Age of Aggression sounds like a metal album :playful:
Tarantulas aren’t aggressive, some are more timid or defensive than others...
depending on the species. Could be more defensive as Slings and less defensive as they molt into sub adults. Some are more relaxed as Slings and then get more defensive with each molt.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +