AGB Missing Legs

Sir Cheezburger

Arachnopeon
I brought out my AGB to handle today, after not having done so for a month or two, when I noticed all of his right legs on his first ten or so segments had vanished. Additionally, there were sporadic missing legs until about 1/4th of the way down his body. I have no idea how this happened, and I don't believe he has molted in about a year, but I am not positive. He had all of his legs when I saw him pressed against the side of the glass a month ago, but has been on the surface and under the substrate multiple times since then. I was not given an age when I purchased him, so I don't know how many more molts he has about left, but he is about 10.5". Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? Also, what are the normal intervals between adult AGB molts? Thanks.

arizonablue

Arachnosquire
How moist are you keeping the enclosure? Sometimes if it's too wet, the feet can develop fungal issues and basically rot off. If you see a lot of blackened stumps that might be the issue.

Sir Cheezburger

Arachnopeon
How moist are you keeping the enclosure? Sometimes if it's too wet, the feet can develop fungal issues and basically rot off. If you see a lot of blackened stumps that might be the issue.
That's probably it. It is quite humid in his enclosure, but I didn't think too much humidity could be a problem. What should I do?

arizonablue

Arachnosquire
That's probably it. It is quite humid in his enclosure, but I didn't think too much humidity could be a problem. What should I do?
How ventilated is the enclosure? I'd ventilate it and let it dry out a little bit on at least one side of the tank. If the lower part of the substrate is moist and maybe a section on the top, that should be fine. Adult AGBs can usually handle a little bit of dryness with no problems. Try dropping the humidity and make sure it has plenty of food with a high water content in the meantime to keep it hydrated. (Apple, cucumber, etc.)

Sir Cheezburger

Arachnopeon
How ventilated is the enclosure? I'd ventilate it and let it dry out a little bit on at least one side of the tank. If the lower part of the substrate is moist and maybe a section on the top, that should be fine. Adult AGBs can usually handle a little bit of dryness with no problems. Try dropping the humidity and make sure it has plenty of food with a high water content in the meantime to keep it hydrated. (Apple, cucumber, etc.)
Alright, I will get to that as quick as I can. Any idea if they would grow back after a molt?