AGB Millipede Babies Photo

Vamppire

Arachnopeon
Just thought I'd share a photo of my AGB babies. They've come out in full force, and they are all different sizes which I find fascinating, lots of different egg lays I guess. :clap: Mom, Dad, and his mistress (lol) are in a separate tank, so the babies have their own pad! Will be spreading the millie love to friends and possibly for sale on the boards once they are long enough to survive transport. {D

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's awesome, man! I'm really jealous of everyone's breeding successes. Guess I'll have to keep the current habitat nice n' perfect for mine. :D

Vamppire

Arachnopeon
It was about 8 months before I saw a tiny maggot sized baby in the dirt, and a couple months after that before I saw anything again. Its now been about a year since they first started mating. So keep at it, it seems to take some time before they hatch. :)

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How many totally do you think you have? Looks like quitealot!

Vamppire

Arachnopeon
Not sure how many, at least a couple dozen it looks like. It seems like more are showing up every day. I don't know why they're all surfacing suddenly now unless it's getting pretty crowded down under :eek:

Spider-Man v2.0, I just put a male and female together and let them do their thing lol. I suppose the conditions were right for it. They were only in a 10 gal with about 5 inches of top soil. I feed them various greens and fruits and veggies, whatever is available, and I throw in some dried oak leaves and keep the soil a little damp. I didn't so anything specific to make them breed or to help the babies. They started breeding 20 minutes after they first met. :D But the babies didn't show up until almost a year later.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not sure how many, at least a couple dozen it looks like. It seems like more are showing up every day. I don't know why they're all surfacing suddenly now unless it's getting pretty crowded down under :eek:

Spider-Man v2.0, I just put a male and female together and let them do their thing lol. I suppose the conditions were right for it. They were only in a 10 gal with about 5 inches of top soil. I feed them various greens and fruits and veggies, whatever is available, and I throw in some dried oak leaves and keep the soil a little damp. I didn't so anything specific to make them breed or to help the babies. They started breeding 20 minutes after they first met. :D But the babies didn't show up until almost a year later.
mine are breeding like crazy for the last several months . i hope to see babies before too long lol if not im gonna sell them lol I try not to keep anything around here that dont produce lol
thats why i kicked my kids out lol
JK

Vanilla

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats so cute! I want babies! I suppose I need a male first tho!! I just have a female and cannot find anymore around here.