AGB defensive fluid-Smells like manure+human feces?

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was surprised today at Petco when I was getting a heat pad by seeing two AGBs for sale. I asked to sex them and one of them was a male and friendly :confused: . The other was extremely nervous and threw out the most copious amount of fluid I have ever seen. It also smelled very very bad, it smelled like a mixture of manure and human feces. The defensive fluid mine secrete smells not good, but not like that! I asked them where they came from and what they ate. They said that they came from a captive bred dealer (mmmmm, really?) and it was eating romaine and carrots at the store but they were unsure what the dealer gave them. I was thinking either stress or parasites?

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you sure it was the defensive secretion, and not milli-poo? The benzoquinone comes from glands all along the side, but they are known to poop on people, too. I let someone handle one of mine and it promptly had milli-diarrhea on his arm.

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The defensive secretions of mine smell almost medicinal, but they don't really stink.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure it was the defensive secretion, and not milli-poo? The benzoquinone comes from glands all along the side, but they are known to poop on people, too. I let someone handle one of mine and it promptly had milli-diarrhea on his arm.
It may have been diarrhea, there were no solids.

The defensive secretions of mine smell almost medicinal, but they don't really stink.
Yeah, thats how it usually smells to me, thats why i was taken aback

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Probably had a case of the runs, then. The dealer didn't accidentally drop any leftover Taco Bell in the tank, did they? ;)